Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

1999 GS300 Sport is giving me more problems can anybody help because this car is getting very close to being blown up.

Got up this morning and the radio is dead,remote locking has no life,interior lights not working,clock display does not light up.

Checked all fuses all OK reset ECU but still the same,I bought this Lexus for reliability but it has been far from that I have the auto levelling light on all the time and the rear offside door actuator needs replacing.

Everything else is working as it should where do I need to start looking.

Thanks happy new year to all.

Norman :crybaby:

Are all Battery connections tight and corrosion free, including any extra earth{ground/negative] points?

If your Battery is good and fully charged, this must be a connection problem, check for blown or corroded fuses

and relays

If all good, try subsitute Battery in case one cell failing.

I had a similar problem as yourself with my GS300 Sport, turned out that although the Battery seemed fine it wasnt and a new one sorted it all out. Im not sure what you mean by "the rear offside door actuator needs replacing" though?

Hi Guys

Many thanks for all your replys, regards door actuator part No. 6913030110 it just does not work on the remote or even if I lock the car with the key by all accounts it is a common fault on the Lexus so needs replacing I have checked the door ECU located inside the door (one for each door) by swapping them from one door to the other and they are OK.

As regards the advice about earth points and fuses I think as you say I need to check all the fuses and the earth's.

Regards the Battery it has been 100% since Boxing night but I think the CD-Radio has a problem because that was when I developed the flat Battery problem and I have not used it since and the car has started first time every time so I suspect a dead short somewhere..

I am after changing the radio for an aftermarket one as the digi display is completely shot which as I understand is another Lexus common problem but used it because it did not concern me that I could not see which radio station or what cd I was playing I did put a request on to the Is200 forum to see if anybody had done a replacement on there car and if so which one they used.

Like a lot of people I have a garage but it is full off things like the mower, pressure cleaner, car vac, etc. so no room for the car so repairs have to be done on the driveway and because it is so cold will have to check fuses and earths when it gets warmer.

Have a good new year and hope the recession does not effect any members too badly.

Regards

Norman

As ColinBarber states:

The screen on the non Nav stereo is a common problem for the series II GS300

Did mine a couple of years ago & cost under £100.

Fairly simple job, 30 minutes or so but I can't locate the thread at the moment.

Electric door lock actuator (Drivers door on mine) had to be purchased from Lexus & was approx £130.

(Slightly annoying as it was only a small 12V motor that was faulty, but non repairable without destroying the housing)

Again it takes about 30 minutes. (always quicker if doing jobs for the second time) :winky:

Good luck with your repairs & finding the fuse.

Regards,

Max.

As ColinBarber states:
The screen on the non Nav stereo is a common problem for the series II GS300

Did mine a couple of years ago & cost under £100.

Fairly simple job, 30 minutes or so but I can't locate the thread at the moment.

Electric door lock actuator (Drivers door on mine) had to be purchased from Lexus & was approx £130.

(Slightly annoying as it was only a small 12V motor that was faulty, but non repairable without destroying the housing)

Again it takes about 30 minutes. (always quicker if doing jobs for the second time) :winky:

Good luck with your repairs & finding the fuse.

Regards,

Max.

Thanks for that Max, some guys on the US forum have bought the small motor you are talking about and done the repair for £1.50 but I have not been able to get a motor over here without knowing some details about it regards size etc. there a write-up with instructions on how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I forgot to follow up on this for members benefit in case they get the same problems.

There is another fuse box by the passenger side tucked away awkwardly but I found a 10amp fuse blown and on the cover it is listed as DOME I could not believe that one 10amp fuse would cover radio,interior lights,digital clock and remote locking but we live and learn.

Norman :whistling: