Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Problems

legendswraith

Having problems with the car atm, to outline it after i turned the boost up to 1.2 it started blowing pipes off all over so after playing replace the hosing for a while everything seemed alright apart from a fuel cut issue.

Come the other week i thought the car had done the same again it started running sluggishly, but it wouldn't give any power under WOT and i needed to gently bring the revs up to keep the car moving any sudden movements with the throttle and it hesitated.

I've looked all over the car for split/loose pipes and i have jsut changed the plugs as well, but i still have the problem.

While parked if i rev gently i can take the engine thru the rev range, if i plant my foot and try to use WOT then the car jsut stutters and struggles to get above 1200rpm. Its also running very lumpy at idle as if its not picking up the revs on cold starts but it sits quite comfortably at 600 when warm, and on top of all this it seems to be running extremely rich.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one apart from changing the coil packs and possibly the lambda.

If anyone can shed some light on it or say yes its coilpacks etc it would give me some peace of mind, ATM i can see it being expensive and i am missing the first set of dry roads i have seen since i got the car.

Cheers

Austin

Sounds like its not getting enough fuel at WOT.

Did you adjust the map or anything when you turned the boost up?

emanage is disconnected atm to solve this problem, besides a slight difference in boost wouldn't cause this. I've posted on mk4 as well i'm covering all angles on this one ;)

You should only get fuel cut when you hit the high boost though which you're nowhere near!

I'm sorting an issue with mine at the moment, idle is a bit wonky, replacing all my vacuum pipes tomorrow, had a good look at stuff today when I had the airbox out and it all seemed ok though!

Mine is behaving totally different to yours though - I've got a new O2 sensor sat here that arrived today but it's not got the flange on it so need to see if it can be made to fit - did you get those new sparks in now then?

After all the reading I did I saw a Chris Wilson post saying that he'd seen something similar when a blade was knackered on the turbo - have you actually had a look at them mate in case somethings blocked or totally fecked?

You should only get fuel cut when you hit the high boost though which you're nowhere near!

I'm sorting an issue with mine at the moment, idle is a bit wonky, replacing all my vacuum pipes tomorrow, had a good look at stuff today when I had the airbox out and it all seemed ok though!

Mine is behaving totally different to yours though - I've got a new O2 sensor sat here that arrived today but it's not got the flange on it so need to see if it can be made to fit - did you get those new sparks in now then?

After all the reading I did I saw a Chris Wilson post saying that he'd seen something similar when a blade was knackered on the turbo - have you actually had a look at them mate in case somethings blocked or totally fecked?

tubbies are winding up fine no untoward noise so i'm not concerned about them until all else is done. I am absolutely convinced its either a coil or an o2 problem due to the fact it won't rev and its running so rich. I think either the coils cant handle a WOT fuel demand atm and are not sparking enough or the o2 sensor is telling the ecu its lean when its not and its semi flooding at WOT, i would just like someone to come along and say, oh i had that its this, but i don't think thats going to happen.

Tommorow i'm going to change the coils and pull and clean any sensor i can get out

certainly if your running extra boost with no stock management then you will deffo get fuel cut.

I had the FCD in and the emanage when it was attached controlling fuel cut it was raising the fuel cut i was having fun with, this is an unrelated issue thats cropped up at the same time. Once i get this sorted i'll deal with fuel cut by removing the feed to the MAP sensor so it only sees atmospheric and sending the pressure line to a pressure sensor for the emanage

an FCD is one of the BASIC must have items when going BPU though..

Ah i answered this elsewhere i removed the HKS FCD to run on the emanage FCD function in future i am going to jsut circumvent the cars MAP sensor.

The way this shows on my PC now is soooooo confusing

Can you just attach it to the greddy pressure sensor?

Surely they work on two different ranges. it sees a voltage signal i think not a pressure as we see it?!

No i'll attach the line from the manifold to the sensor to the greddy sensor instead and cap off the one on the engine, not use the wiring

You're not in linear plus mode are you? You should have an options near the top of the thread, change that to standard if it's not already. Usually happens when you come in to this site via Google and it changes your settings!

I tried disconnecting that sensor by the way we were on about over at CA and my car stalled and wouldn't start again without it - does yours start without it still then?

Are all the vac hoses all the right way round and stuff now? Are you putting new coils on then? If so would be interested to see the outcome as they'll be straight onto my todo list!

You're not in linear plus mode are you? You should have an options near the top of the thread, change that to standard if it's not already. Usually happens when you come in to this site via Google and it changes your settings!

I tried disconnecting that sensor by the way we were on about over at CA and my car stalled and wouldn't start again without it - does yours start without it still then?

Are all the vac hoses all the right way round and stuff now? Are you putting new coils on then? If so would be interested to see the outcome as they'll be straight onto my todo list!

That sorted out the way everything looks cheers aido.

Yes picking up new coils tomorrow and a spark module. Did you cap off both points from the manifold to the sensor? I am assuming we are talking about the Envy Free FCD

Yes picking up new coils tomorrow and a spark module. Did you cap off both points from the manifold to the sensor? I am assuming we are talking about the Envy Free FCD

Ah no sorry mate the MAP or MAF or whatever it is we've got on these cars.

It did change the Diag reading on the R-VIT to 2 - but that's it - can't find out how to get it to tell me the error codes so going to mail Blitz tomorrow!

but you have disconected your emanage, so what is dealing with fuel cut at the moment.

Its not under load atm this is all done free revving so no fuel cut is involved

but you are under load when at WOT which is were yoru having probs isnt it

but you have disconected your emanage, so what is dealing with fuel cut at the moment.

Its not under load atm this is all done free revving so no fuel cut is involved

but you are under load when at WOT which is were yoru having probs isnt it

yes but its WOT in neutral it doesn't see boost pressure in neutral

Cleaned the MAF up last night and i got 5 min of it running normally this morning and revving freely at WOT so its looking like a MAF problem. Just need to get a new one now, certainly won't be from the spares place i found that want £4 under what toyota want for a new one for a second hand one