Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does It Matter For Dyno

Mr Mole

Was wondering if having 19" wheels fitted to your car will have any effect on the dyno run.

Will it show a worse bhp on the dyno or dose it make no difference.

Will be getting mine done some time in the new year and dont want a low figure :lol:

everything makes a difference but it would be small. Power is lost having to turn those heavy 19" rims and tyres.

Reverse of that is the momentum of the rims and tyres would be a tiny bit more on the run down and the dyno would cancel that out anyway.

I agree in principle Colin, but have felt the wheels & tyre package Mole has on his car, I would say they

are actuallly no heavier than the stock 17" rims (but only my own arms to go on as a guide).

Good luck with your run Adrian :D

(a tank or two of optimax or the highest RON fuel you can get with the ECU reset won't do any harm either mate)

I agree in principle Colin, but have felt the wheels & tyre package Mole has on his car, I would say they

are actuallly no heavier than the stock 17" rims (but only my own arms to go on as a guide).

Good luck with your run Adrian :D

(a tank or two of optimax or the highest RON fuel you can get with the ECU reset won't do any harm either mate)

Yea was going to do that Wozza. Not doing it untill I get the Unichip fitted anyway and will get a before and after run :winky:

Only problem with my wheels is I cant get the spare one in the boot :crybaby: