Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£48 To Fill The Lex

doog442

Fuel light came on so went straight to local Tesco and filled to the brim ..£48..should last me a month

Now thats more like it :winky:

Makes me feel better about running the thing

I wish i could fill up once a month but alas i fill the sportcross twice a week so hoping it comes down to that price here in the southwest which i might add is closer to the refinery and should be cheaper (grrrr petrol companies). Allthough i do get 26 mpg on my 780 miles aweek so i should not complain!!!!!

1 month? how many miles will you cover?

about 320 :crybaby:

or if i drive like a fairy in snow mode 340

that petrol price is in Poole, Dorset.. not so far from this place...

http://www.pooleview.co.uk/beach/sandbanks.htm

..despite this blot on the landscape B) Poole is actually a pretty down to earth town (hence fuel reasonable i suppose)

I'll be filling up any outing soon, will post up prices. However, I have an App on my phone for recording milage/mpg etc etc, looking on that I filled up on December the 17th and paid 95.9p a litre! Ouich! That was in Melton Mowbray, 10 days later I stuck some more in down Bracknell and paid 93.9p a litre! Still shocking!

This is a good tool to find the cheapest prices, I use www.petrolprices.com, free to join, and I get an email

every work day with the cheapest Super Unleaded, Unleaded or Diesel (it's your choice) within 5 miles of my

home postcode.

You can even put in more than one postcode (like your work for example) and get the best of both worlds...

Once you have joined up, just set up your notifications as you wish for frequency and postcode.

Job done :)

Yeah I use that too Wozza, good site - since September it shows Tesco 99 coming down from 115.9 to 90.9 a litre near me - crazy stuff!

Not sure if yours is the same but for some reason the last couple of mails have dropped Tesco and Sainsburys from the list?!

Just had a nosey on the site and they've dropped out of there too - strange! Saying that just seen the other garage I sometimes pop into on the way home from work is now at 87.9 for Tesco 99 :D V-Power is 91.9!

PMSL you and me both pal - just seems to be the ones near where I live that have disappeared - if they don't come back in a day or two I'll first go and make sure that they're still there and then if they haven't been wiped off the face of the planet I'll drop them an email to have a nosey on that site :D

Have to admit though it's great seeing it back at these prices, can't beat the smell of half burnt V-Power :)

Just come down to 82.9 round my way too. Very variable though, that price is at the Shell garage. But the local Jet garages are both 87.9 still I think, Jet always used to be the cheapo stuff! Tesco and Sainburys are both more expensive than the Shell place too.

Regular 95 for me, tried the pricey super-unleaded stuff and the only difference was the money emptied out my wallet a lot quicker. 280bhp out of 4.3 litres is a pretty low state of tune, so no benefit to me at all from the super unleaded.