Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex

Stevie

I had occasion to deal with Prolex some 4 years ago, shortly before I sold my Lexus. The transaction went fine.

The first time I received an email mailshot from them I asked them politely to remove me from their mailing list because I was no longer a Lexus owner. Each time I received a mailshop, I did the same thing. I am still receiving unwanted emails - aka SPAM - from Prolex several year later and I am completely sick of it. Today I got this:

"Happy New Year to you all !!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

REMOVED POTENTIAL ADVERTISING WHICH IS AGAINST CLUB T&C'S

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My recommendation therefore is only to deal with Prolex if you are happy to keep receiving their useless mailshots in your mailbox for years. This is a company that does not listen to its customers. It is happy to fill our mailboxes with its junk, but will not take the time to maintain its database to avoid sending SPAM.

PROLEX - STOP SPAMMING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DJ Wozza
removed possible advertising

Er.....just dont open it, press the delete button if you dont want to read it.

Or is that task to simple for you to do :shutit:

Funny.... that's the spammer's typical response - particularly the bit where you infer that I'm too stupid to delete an email.

Funny.... that's the spammer's typical response - particularly the bit where you infer that I'm too stupid to delete an email.

I don't think anyone was trying to infer that you are stupid.....Scorps just put a simple solution to a simple problem ;)

Hopefully your ISP/mail provider has some form of anti spam? If so add them to the spam list, that way it should block their emails in the future and hopefully block hundreds of other customers from receiving them as well.

Using a spam filter at your end or just deleting the emails isn't the answer. Why should you have to waste bandwidth downloading rubbish you didn't ask for?

From ICO

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/faqs/privacy_...3A-6448C4CB1B44

Q: I am receiving unsolicited marketing emails. What can I do about these?

The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations lay down rules for organisations sending unsolicited marketing by electronic means. The rules are different depending whether the recipient is an 'individual subscriber' (e.g. Jonsmith@yahoo) or a 'corporate subscriber' (e.g. Jonsmith@ico).

The regulations say that organisations must have prior consent to send unsolicited marketing material by electronic mail to individual subscribers, unless they have obtained the details during the course of a sale, or negotiations towards one, and they give you the opportunity to object in every message. If you are an individual subscriber receiving unsolicited marketing by electronic mail, and the organisation hasn't stopped even though you've tried to opt out, you can complain to the ICO

As you have asked to be removed and they hadn't they are breaking the law.

I like an easy life.....i also got the same e-mail but i too no longer have a Lex so i just hit the delete button(without opening it) as it works for me everytime. :D

You seem an angry person over something that is solvable it a nano second without having to waste energy over trvial things, get a grip, lifes too short.

I don't think anyone was trying to infer that you are stupid.....Scorps just put a simple solution to a simple problem ;)

That is a sticking plaster solution because the spam will continue - and not just to me. The real solution is for the person causing the problem to stop causing it.

You are right, but spam will never stop though, whoever it is.

Which ISP are you with?

A lot of them now allow blacklists. If you log onto their webmail, you can usually set options there. That way it gets deleted on the mail server as soon as it comes in before your mail software goes and gets it.

Using a spam filter at your end or just deleting the emails isn't the answer. Why should you have to waste bandwidth downloading rubbish you didn't ask for?

/snip/

At last - a voice of reason. I'm aware they are breaking the law. However, I thought bringing the matter to the attention of this forum might be a way of getting the spam to stop without having to take a sledgehammer to the problem. After all, I first contacted Prolex via the Owner's Club.

You seem an angry person over something that is solvable it a nano second without having to waste energy over trvial things, get a grip, lifes too short.

I'm not an angry person, Scorps, but sometimes you have to take a stand against things that annoy you.

why dont you contact them direct. Reporting them will have them blacklisted with The Spamhaus etc. which distributes reported spam messages and Ip's to other organisations, which is a bit over the top as really it isnt spam as such. Unless they are selling prolex pills now LOL

just seems someone could not be bothered to remove your name from the list.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Stevie)"That is a sticking plaster solution because the spam will continue - and not just to me. The real solution is for the person causing the problem to stop causing it."QUOTE (Stevie)

God, i wish i had your problems :tomato:

/snip/

At last - a voice of reason. I'm aware they are breaking the law. However, I thought bringing the matter to the attention of this forum might be a way of getting the spam to stop without having to take a sledgehammer to the problem. After all, I first contacted Prolex via the Owner's Club.

Dont think Prolex come on loc much anymore :o