Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi - Happy New Year all - has anyone else had this problem please or have any view on what it could be?

When the weather is cold and i reverse in full lock the front left tyre 'clunks' - what happens is it skids about 1/4 inch sideways making a clunking noise. Same happens going foward slowly full lock too.

I had to replace the original tyre on this wheel last year so it is 2m or so deeper than its opposite. Is it just the tread 'chattering'

It does not happen once the tyres are warm or if the weather is not freezing.

wierd huh?

Hi - Happy New Year all - has anyone else had this problem please or have any view on what it could be?

When the weather is cold and i reverse in full lock the front left tyre 'clunks' - what happens is it skids about 1/4 inch sideways making a clunking noise. Same happens going foward slowly full lock too.

I had to replace the original tyre on this wheel last year so it is 2m or so deeper than its opposite. Is it just the tread 'chattering'

It does not happen once the tyres are warm or if the weather is not freezing.

wierd huh?

I get this too.............

I was just about to post this as a new topic - have the same on my 250SE. Feels like one of the tyres has run over something

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what it feels like. When reversing out of my drive, there IS a small (like half an inch) kerb, and I at first thought it was that, but it never happened with my 3 series.

This condition is nothing to be worried about, as alarming as it feels or sounds it's nothing more than the reverse of the steer action/axis and the few feet you experience this will not harm you or the car.

I could pants on all day about the reason why this happens but trust me it's a Tom Jones condition :huh:

I tried the same move with the tyres hot and it is deffo cold that does it - and this morning it did not do it probably because it was so icy no grip to grab - as it were.

I am taking the 'forget about it' advice - thanks.