Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes And Discs

Nils

had brand new front pads and discs fitted from kwik fit, within 2 weeks discs were warped, they were happy 2 replace all again incl pads, i may have used hard brakin as they say cud have been the cause, new set i taken care wen drivin but same problem still exixst since they were replaced and under braking it is loud at times. they say its not the dics or pads, but im sure it is never had probs wiv the original set.

Not sure wat it can be any help guys

Thanks

like wen u have sandpaper and ur sandin wood, doesnt squell or loud thuds, hard 2 say exactly how it sounds. But not quite at all, the sound is infrequent but wen braking the judderin is more often

thanks 4 ur help guys, will do 2morow, last time i was there they said it cudnt be a fault in either discs or pads, they stated getin it checked by the dealer as they cudnt finf the problem. just a question wud they know there is a backing plate, or is this standard on many cars.

• 1 month later...

Hiya can any1 pls advise me further with this problem. as above nw after many visits nw finally they have decided 2 put on new disks and pads at my request this time frm the dealer. But where im confused is they arent goin direct 2 a dealer they told me they will contact their supplier in Telford who will then get it through their a/c from the dealer. The question is how will i knw they are original lexus parts and not after markets parts in lexus packaging.

I don't think you can tell the standard OEM disks apart from the Blueprint ones just by looking once they're on - I've had genuine Toyota disks / pads and Blueprint disks / pads on mine and only difference I noticed was that there was a shedload less dust with the Blueprint ones!

i guess i will just have 2 trust them and have them fitted, and hope i have better luck with these ones. But i will just look over them before they fit them. thanks Aido