Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Need Ov Some Advise

dr dodgy

hi iv just bought my first lex wich isay is fantastic but iv gained some little nigles first is power steering problem when i first start the car on a mornin the power steering pump under presure is very notchy and sounds like belt may be sliping just a tad . but after driveing it sort ov smoothes out any help on this isue would be gratefull and my other little moen is there is a verry anoing sqeel from my passenger side front wheel iv checked disk and pads look fine no binding ov brakes just a sqeel of something is this comon on is 200 . and last ov all my rear window steams up like its been under water for years .

any advise would bee graet lol

Welcome to the club matey :D

The power steering does sound like the belts slipping a bit but not 100% sure, have you checked the belt to see if its loose or worn?

The squeal on the brakes might be one of the backing plates rubbing on the inside of the discs, just need to push them back a bit, and can be done by pushing against the plate through the wheel, Do them 1 wheel at a time and have a test run after each wheel? the only other thing i can think of is worn pads and 1 of the backing plates is rubbing on 1 of the pads?

The windows on my Is200 do steam up quite a bit too, all i used on them was a bit of antifog that you can get at most motorfactors? maybe worth checking to see if there is a bit of damp/water in the boot either side under the carpet where the jack sits?

:)

Welcome mate.

Must say i've not heard of any of them problems before. The squeal could be a bearing on its way maybe?

Stav

cheers mate na not baerin iv had wheel of the floor and cheked no play on wheel i seen a post some whare were he said he had caliper adjusted by main daeler but wonder if any boddy ever had out like this before lol

Welcome to LOC mate.

Power Steering, sounds like a new belt or maybe worth trying to tighten the existing one a bit ?

Also there is belt slip stuff you can buy to make a belt more grippy.

The rear screen is pretty good if you normally keep the Air-Con on, but this time of year with temps hovering

around -5 to 5+ degrees it will happen, just switch the screen on and it should clear fairly quick.

Can't help with the noise from the front.

Welcome to LOC mate.

Power Steering, sounds like a new belt or maybe worth trying to tighten the existing one a bit ?

Also there is belt slip stuff you can buy to make a belt more grippy.

The rear screen is pretty good if you normally keep the Air-Con on, but this time of year with temps hovering

around -5 to 5+ degrees it will happen, just switch the screen on and it should clear fairly quick.

Can't help with the noise from the front.

cheers peeps im waitin 4 a warmer day and ill give it a good see to regardin belts iv only had car a month . i did notice a gromit had come out in the boot near jack boot still dry though and now replaced gromit .and will try backing plate on brakes regardin the most anoying sqeel in the world .thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links