Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 2006

graham8370

Hi All,

Have been searching the forums all afternoon, and the more information I gather, the more confusing it becomes.

Thinking of buying these,ebay. Simple question,Will these fit my car with my tyres, Michelin 245-45-18.

Many thanks, Graham.

Thanks Terry, have negotiated down to £350 inc. p&p. Good deal, I think.

On a quick point, someone has told me that Lexus should replace the wheels under warranty. I bought the car from an independant dealer so I would assume that Lexus would have nothing to do with the warranty. The car is 26 months old and has covered 115k miles. Am I clutching at straws here? Thanks for the swift reply.

Guest inicol63

Hello i think that you can only claim on warrenty if the vehicle has been fully service via Lexus.

However your best option is to take it to them and ask, as the vehicle does have a three year warrenty, not too sure if there is a mileage limit.

On the postive Lexus do know of the problems with there wheels and may change them with out to much of a issue.

Good luck as this will save £350 ......

Ian

Hello i think that you can only claim on warrenty if the vehicle has been fully service via Lexus.

However your best option is to take it to them and ask, as the vehicle does have a three year warrenty, not too sure if there is a mileage limit.

On the postive Lexus do know of the problems with there wheels and may change them with out to much of a issue.

Ian

Visited Lexus Guildford toay, told that they would be replaced free of charge under warranty. When I told them the mileage, THE COMPUTER SAID NO, 3 years or 60,000 miles. Still, nothing ventured nothing gained. Now awaiting arrival of rims from eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, wheels arrived, very nice, go to fit them on my car and they do not fit. Something to do with my wheels being 8j and the new ones are 7j. Could replace tyres as well but was advised not to as the ride quality will suffer.

Anybody want a nice set of alloys for £350 ono. Graham.

Quick update, wheels arrived, very nice, go to fit them on my car and they do not fit. Something to do with my wheels being 8j and the new ones are 7j. Could replace tyres as well but was advised not to as the ride quality will suffer.

Hi

7j and 8j are the rim width in inches, what size tyres have you got on your original wheels?

You will only get a reduction in ride quality if you reduce the depth of the sidewall, not the width of the tyre....

Pete

Ian

Visited Lexus Guildford toay, told that they would be replaced free of charge under warranty. When I told them the mileage, THE COMPUTER SAID NO, 3 years or 60,000 miles. Still, nothing ventured nothing gained. Now awaiting arrival of rims from eBay.

I find it amazing that Lexus restrict the mileage for warranty cover to 60k on new cars but on approved used or if you purchase an extended warranty the mileage is then unlimited.

Hi

7j and 8j are the rim width in inches, what size tyres have you got on your original wheels?

You will only get a reduction in ride quality if you reduce the depth of the sidewall, not the width of the tyre....

Pete

Hi Pete, as I understand it, my tyres (Michelin 245-45-18) are recommended to ideally fit 8j.

According to the Michelin Technical guide, they will fit 7j wheels, but the ride will be compromised (Compressing the tyre into a horseshoe shape).

My original tyres are nearly 'as new' (£800 ish) so you can understand my reluctance to change tyres.

I'll take some photos and post on the Buy & Sell forum and if no takers, back onto 'the bay'

Shame as they really are a nice set of rims.

Graham.

Hi

Pete

Hi Pete, as I understand it, my tyres (Michelin 245-45-18) are recommended to ideally fit 8j.

According to the Michelin Technical guide, they will fit 7j wheels, but the ride will be compromised (Compressing the tyre into a horseshoe shape).

My original tyres are nearly 'as new' (£800 ish) so you can understand my reluctance to change tyres.

I'll take some photos and post on the Buy & Sell forum and if no takers, back onto 'the bay'

Shame as they really are a nice set of rims.

Graham.

Graham

Yes you are right 245 is the WIDEST tyre advisable on 8inch rims 225-235 is shown as ideal.... 7inch rims have a maximum of 225....

What a shame they look like nice wheels....

I got a set of Lexus approved reconditioned wheels for mine for £280 the set with a fair bit of haggling, they are better than new as they have been powder coated all over, the problem with the original ones is that they paint the outside but just lacquer the bare alloy on the inside, our salty roads just eat through it and it looks awful.... maybe worth a try at the dealers...

This place will also recon your old wheels but your car will be off the road jacked up on bricks for a while!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0121-Service-Exchang...A1%7C240%3A1318

Good Luck

Pete