Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Maintenance

beedunkn

I bought a used 1999 LS400 in July 2007. It had 68k on it and ran like a champ. I do not have the maintenance/repair manual so I don't know the maintenance schedule for the car. I am a commuter and drive about 30 miles to work daily. i now have 112k on the car and know it needs some maintenance. I changed the water pump and timing belt at 96k. What else should I be aware of in terms of scheduled maintenance?

Welcome to LOC.

There is nothing too special about maintenance on the LS400. Spark plugs every 60k/90k depending on type fitted, diff oil and transmission fluid only need to be inspected but worth changing now you have done 100k miles. Also worth cleaning the throttle body every few years rather than waiting for it to cause poor idling.

It's worth posting on the US forums, many more LS owners compared to here in the UK who will be able to suggest other things to look out for.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: You should had changed Transmission Fluid, and since you have not in a long while you should also get the pan out change clean the filter and the magnetic pick ups in the pan. Cabin filter, motor filter, fuel filter when you get to a 100,000 and should replace with the original so you can get another 100,000 out of such. Gook luck. If you do a search on the net you should be able to find the schedule. Also you could buy it in eBay for about 4 Euros. C

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links