Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looks Like I'm Back In The Fold

Skraggy_uk

My old Saab gets dropped off. And I pickup a 2001 IS200 SE manual.

Felt weird being in such a revvy engine without a turbo or V8 grunt, but should be fun.

hope you enjoy the car matey!!

My old Saab gets dropped off. And I pickup a 2001 IS200 SE manual.

Felt weird being in such a revvy engine without a turbo or V8 grunt, but should be fun.

hope you enjoy the car matey!!

Just picked it up.

Silver/champagne colour, with black half leather/half seude.

Looks like it has a handsfree fitted. Cradle is there, but won't suit my phone, need a Samsung cradle to suit a side mounted connection.

Weird getting used to such a light clutch and the bite seems massively high, but the clutch on the Saab was always very low biting, to the point that a garage that replaced the clutch hose thought they had done something wrong.

Oh its nice, I'm getting used to the very light clutch, it is almost as nice as my old Celsior.

Need to get rid of the old Motorola handsfree kit and get something modern in for my Samsung Omnia, but the thing that is puzzling me is the lighter.

When I got it, the element looked new and unused.

Tried it and didn't work. So I checked the fuse and it seemed ok.

Plugged in my phone charger and that worked ok.

So I gave the prongs at the bottom of the lighter socket a little tweak. Now it heats up. Damn does it heat up.

Except when hot, instead of just popping up, it ejects, usually into the gear lever gaitor.

Wonder if there is something else in the socket that need a little manual adjustment like a second set of grippers that grab the lighterbody like the lower ones grab the element.

Welcome back !

You can lever up the ciggy lighter surround by using a flat bladed screwdriver around the silver ring

surrounding the gearlever. Just be careful not to mark the centre console surrounds edge.

That should help you have a look at the ejector seat lighter :lol:

(from memory you may be able to bend the side parts in a bit to grip tighter)