Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cost Of New Upgrade Dvd

Hi guys,

Today popped into Lexus plymouth to order the new DVD update, and was told a cost of £144 for the disc. Now this does not include installation which would be a staggering £44!!!!! for 30mins work i was told. I swiftly said no way and it is a 2minute job to change, and they said we will sort it out on the day of day which will be tuesday.

Can anyone tell me what they have been charged from lexus to fit these updates. I would do it myself but seem to be missing the tools.

Thanks

Matthew

These DVD updates are a rip-off! They should be free in my opinion, or at least cost between £10-£30 which is reasonable... the updates for N. America for Toyota and Lexus are normally widely available on the internet to burn and use, it's a pity the European one is not available.

My upgrade was £114 including installation at Lexus Croydon. The only tangible difference is the unfreezing of the screen enabling the system to be used on the move. Worth the money just for that!

I didn't try and do it myself A) because they did it for free and B) me and screwdrivers etc don't go together.

Happy New Year.

These DVD updates are a rip-off! They should be free in my opinion, or at least cost between £10-£30 which is reasonable... the updates for N. America for Toyota and Lexus are normally widely available on the internet to burn and use, it's a pity the European one is not available.

The ones that are widely available are pirate copies aren't they?

The price works out similar to what TomTom and co charge for map updates - the company making the mapping data has to have a revenue stream coming from somewhere otherwise they wouldn't be here to make new maps for you!

The ones that are widely available are pirate copies aren't they?

The price works out similar to what TomTom and co charge for map updates - the company making the mapping data has to have a revenue stream coming from somewhere otherwise they wouldn't be here to make new maps for you!

Most people will get the map update just to unlock the usage while in motion. That to me is a firmware update on the Sat Nav, and firmware updates are almost always free on any device. I really don't care about a few new roads made during last year... What annoys me is that I just payed 28K for a car a few months ago and now I have to fork out another £120 just because Lexus didn't get it right in the first place. How about releasing a free cd to update the firmware? Obviously there is no interest in doing this since they need their "revenue stream".

You should complain then to Lexus GB or your dealer. They may give you a free upgrade.

Can you use a new disc just to upgrade the firmware and then put back your old disc? If so the dealer may do that FOC or maybe meet up with somebody on LOC and borrow their disc for 5 minutes.

Can you use a new disc just to upgrade the firmware and then put back your old disc? If so the dealer may do that FOC or maybe meet up with somebody on LOC and borrow their disc for 5 minutes.

That makes sense - seems strange they'd actually enable this though as I thought it was a law somewhere restricting manufacturers to do this sort of thing on satnav?

Have you tried something like this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFDvaeT7NA