Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Build Time.....

Rabster

Ok time has come to sort my boot build out i have seen a few diferent IS200 Builds

here is my plan

use my existing Kenwood DDX-6029 with ipod and handsfree

boot possily layed out like this

cuby hole on right hand side amp 1 4 channel for component speakers (Alpine V12 possibly) (acrylic cover)

Cuby hole on left hand side sexy looking power distibution plus a graphic eq unless i get one that you can controll from a pda have seen it rockford fosgate i think (acrylic cover)

false floor with amp built in

false floor on hinges to tilt either up infront of the subs and lock to access spare wheel or mayabe a split floor not sure on this idea yet need advice

cant decide on 2 subs or 1 sub but i know i want it to look good and sound even better (acrilic sheet in front )

i will be doing all the work my self so that i can also incorporate extra fans etc to allow air flow

any suggestions on amp's subs etc im feeling the kenwood amps etc but open to suggestions

i will be covering the whole install in possibly alcantara

i wont post a maxium amount i want to spend but somewhere between 1k and 3k if it gets really expensive i will have to upgrade the alarm etc lol

please make suggestions

all ideas and pointers welcome im not a craftsman by trade lol

Cheers guys

Have a look at my install for the RF 360 Box (the one controlled by Bluetooth) its a great piece of kit, main reason I went for mine was so i could keep the stock headunit and not mess with the factory Sat Nav.

Install wise have a look a JL stuff, real good for the money. Have a look at Wozza's boot built in the ICE section, that sounds sort of similar to what your going for. I just kept my install real simple so I can remove the box when I need to get work stuff in the boot.

just saw this today..

good starting point with a decent HU.

i wouldnt go for Kenwood amps you will get far better for the money.. again with the alpine they only ever give there best when run at 14.4 v which is nigh on impossible with out stupid amounts of work on the electrical system.

i swear by JL amps but they are pricy!! Hifonics give good value, all depends on the route you want to take mate. prob the best mid quality amps are JBL or Hifonics

As for subs, again depends on price, JLW3 subs are v good for the price but IMO the W6 is one of the best but at £500 it should be! im using MB QUART subs and cant believe the balance between SQ, depth and volume!! in fact ut was after demoing that i found these to slightly edge it over the w6.

for front end, again MB Quart.. but depnds on what sound your looking for Morel also offer some v good speakers but you can get into silly money here!

An EQ shouldnt be needed mate, in fact they generally make things sound worse!

before doing anything you will need to sound proof the door, best to seal of the whole door cavity, boot area and rear shelf/seat/bulkhead.

you shouldnt need the fans if you get the right amps! wheel well would be nice, considered that myself!

dont forget to sort out a decent Battery too.

its not the easiest car to get a good sound out of but i have done 4 now with varying budgets. 2k should get you a v good system. Might be worth you coming to the midlands meet and taking a look/listen to what ive done.. might even be able to sort you out some good prices on stuff too.. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links