Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Isf Service

jsj24uk

Evening everyone. Hope you all had a good Christmas and a good New year.

I picked up my newest copy of Top Gear today and was having a read in the Lifers section. The IS-F that Charlie Turner is running needed a service. Was suprised to hear that one dealership didn't know what an IS-F was. The dealer who did service it managed to get Car Polish on the drivers seat.

With the problems that some IS owners are having and the more I hear of problems that people are having with Lexus Dealerships in terms of buying a car and getting it serviced, the more I think that this will be my last ever Lexus. I may be over reacting about this but there seem to be quite a few unhappy owners on here. What are everyone elses opinions on this?

Jim.

I don't tend to go to dealers any more other than to just pick up bits from the service dept.

I'm lucky to leave near to Steve at Charlesworth who is bang on for anything you can think of really!

Probably the number one reason to visit an Internet vehicle forum is because you have a problem. Therefore the number of problems you see here isn't at all representative of the silent majority.

Having said that clearly there are areas for improvement as far as dealers are concerned.

I would recommend using the dealer reviews section to find the best dealer in your area.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/reviews/

With the problems that some IS owners are having and the more I hear of problems that people are having with Lexus Dealerships in terms of buying a car and getting it serviced, the more I think that this will be my last ever Lexus. I may be over reacting about this but there seem to be quite a few unhappy owners on here. What are everyone elses opinions on this?

If you move to another marque it will be AT LEAST as bad!!!! If you've found a car you like with the Lexus, that's a real advantage, keep the car and just shop around to find a good dealership.

Jim.

Have you not thought about the ratio of Lexus owners to the number of complaints? ANY dealership, irrespective of marque, will inevitably end up with at least one customer who feels aggrieved. Have you had problems in this area to prompt you to make such a dramatic statement?

I have owned a Series 1 GS300 Sport from May 2002 until May 2008, and a GS 430 since May 2008 and can say that my dealership (Lexus Coventry) have always been helpful, friendly, efficient and professional in all my dealings with them over almost 7 years now.

As Colin said, the very nature of these forums will tend to attract owners with a problem.