Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thought I'd Say A Quick Hi.

tigran

Just got hold of a LS400 as a daily smoker and a bit of a tinkering/project car. So will be going through the foum and gen'ing myself up on the tech side of the car. I'm a general car nut mostly with older stuff.

At the moment the fleet o doom consists of a '64 Rover P5, '79 Ford Capri, '89 Saab 900 T16 2-door, '89 Mercedes 420SE lowrider, 1994 saab 9000 2.0 turbo and a 2003 ford focus. That's the list after a bit of a cull of cars over the last year, at one point it was at about 12 which was madness.

Just a quick pic of how the lex looked with the previous owner

DSCF2652.jpg

I then stuck it on some 17's for a bit

Photo343.jpg

But it'll be going back on the previous 19's next week, and then i'll look at ways of getting it to sit a bit lower. Currently doing a couple of little jobs to make it A1 again, looking about for a new steering wheel, new gearlever, sorting out a couple of electrical gremlins, getting hold of one piece of body moulding and then polishing the life out of the paintwork.

I might stick some pictures of the rest of the cars later today when i get a bit more time.

So yeah - hi.

Yeah it does look good on the 19's just sits a bit high from the ground. I'll get it back on them and then get around to lowering the car to the current ride height.

A couple of quick pics of my other motaaahs:

Go on en, some pics of the various other bits of metal taking up all my time and draining all my funds:

The capri, a 79 so an oldie, currently laid up at a friend's RAF barracks, halway through a swap from tired pinto and 3spd auto to 5spd manual and not-so-tired pinto. After i get it out of hibernation i'll get the 2.1 on twin 40's i've got sitting about in:

mycapper.jpg

mycapper2.jpg

The '64 P5 straight 6 saloon, which makes it a rarity:

Picture005b.jpg

Look, no V8!

Picture013b.jpg

Picture007b.jpg

The lo-lo

2193255064_9ced38b8ca_o.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

My rickety sweedish rocket ship. Have spent a lot of blood, sweat and pounds on this thing. To first get it on the road and secondly keeping it on the road. Goes through about 3 gearboxes a year! Currently running 220bhp and 280lb ft of torque. Doesn't sound much but it's stripped out hardcore and only weighs 1050kg's which gives it a 210ish bhp/tonne ratio. Which is about the same as an evo VIII :D

Photo326.jpg

This used to be my daily, but then i started running turbo swedish barges and the lex as a daily - and they all do the same but a lot better. So now the mother is using it as a runaround.

100_0931.jpg