Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Folding Mirrors

I m looking for someone that has fitted these. Got a few questions about what i need for the job. I understand the splicing\wiring in part its the control box that i m not so sure about.

LINKY

Thats the link there.

Anyone good with electronics might be able to help.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up?

Just the person really.

The bit thats really got me is the control box, can i buy something from maplin and add a few wires and away i go or do i need to build something? Adding the switches, relay and pulse timer?

None that I know of mate - you're going to have to build it I'm afraid.

There's a couple of people on here who have found a virtually complete timer but that was a while ago.

Sorry for askin so many questions.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...=14&doy=3m1

Would this do the job on its own or would i still need to add a resistor in?

Nope - I'm afraid those timers won't work. Actually, yes they could if you were to modify them.

This is because they rely on the timer starting when power is applied. There is nothing to apply the power because the alarm on signal only gives out a few mA. Therefore it needs its own power and uses the alarm PULSE to start the timing.

You can adjust these and add the additional input circuitry to pin 2 but to do that you would also need the output relay as most are single pole. The mirrors need changeover. For all the hassle, it would be easier and cheaper building one from scratch.

You are looking for a timer that has selectable input trigger.

Yes but you'll need the rest of the components as well. Also, the relay you have listed is just the relay socket, not the relay itself.

I'm sure if you went into Maplins with the parts list off the project they would sort them all for you. Its not that critical really so equivalents would be ok.

if it helps i think i still have my recipt from maplins with all the part numbers to build the closure circuit it only took me about 20min to build and does exactly what you need it to do

PLUS

it allows you to add functions to the circuit after for example total closure, or maybe walk home lights all of which are very easy to do once you have this kit built

here are the maplin codes

fl17 - stripbord

n31aw - 5a dpdt relay

m10k - resistor 10k

m3k3 - resistor 3k3

m1k - resistor 1k

m4k7 - resistor 4k7

m100k - resistor 100k

fw26 - 220k potentiometer

ra49 - cap 0.1uf

qq14 - bc547c

ql73 - in4001s

ql80 - 1n4148

vh38 - cap 100uf

and a 555 timer i had some of these spare so didnt order one but they will know whatyou mean unless there stupid lol

So iif i go to maplin and ask for

Switch

Suitable box

Wire (16/02)

Pulse Timer Module

DPCO Relay

Fuse Holder + 1A Fuse

Get some connectors, heat wrap and the 2 diff wires i should be good dont need any specifics on the parts at all?

if it helps i think i still have my recipt from maplins with all the part numbers to build the closure circuit it only took me about 20min to build and does exactly what you need it to do

PLUS

it allows you to add functions to the circuit after for example total closure, or maybe walk home lights all of which are very easy to do once you have this kit built

Yes please mate that would be great.

Final question i hope,

On the diagram it has C1,2,4 as 100nf.

Is that a ra49-cap 0.1uf or a vh38-cap100uf.

I think its gonna be the ra49 can someone just clarify this for me