Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Foglight - Anyone Used Them?

Hello everyone,

Ok, so one of my front foglight lightbulbs is busted. I would like to get something thats close to silver white(not the HID though). I was actually thinking to get some of these:

Ebay LED HB4's

Has anyone ever used them? I am not really sure about the brightness but I guess they will be quite bright. Are they legal? I am not using the foglights much as we dont get much fog (not at all actually) but I think they might look ok at dawn.

What's your opinion on these?.

Cheers

You'd probably be best sticking with a yellowish tinge if you want performance in fog I believe? If you don't ever get fog down there guess it doesn't really matter

Saw a car with a HID conversion kit fitted to the fogs and with 3000k bulbs fitted - now that did look the nuts and would also work really well too :)

well we never get fog round her but i like drivin with the fogs on, the pic on ebay looks brilliant, much better match to my HID's that the OEM ones. So i just brought a set :)

You like driving with fog lights on? Why? You're not under the illusion it looks good sure not?! :duh:

Think my fogs have been on about 5 times since ive had the car, can't imagine LED fog lights being useful when you do get fog.

Thought I read another member gave up on the idea. LEDs just don't penetrate a lengthy enough beam.

I get the impression a Saxo chav driver is behind me with his fog lights on. More so when the driver has side lights and fogs on. WTF is that all about?!

I'm sure another member tried the LED route, and they were not bright enough to be effective at all.

Depending on the LED I think they can be quite bright, but as I said we dont get fog here. Thats my concern though: I pay AUD40 and get something thats not realy bright.

well we never get fog round her but i like drivin with the fogs on, the pic on ebay looks brilliant, much better match to my HID's that the OEM ones. So i just brought a set :)

could you do a photo when you get them with one LED and one normal dude?

oh ps whats that price in real money?lol

Think it says it all in this pic if you look how much light the right hand foglight with the LED light fitted puts out onto the road:

h11smd5.jpg

There's hardly any compared to the left!

Think it says it all in this pic if you look how much light the right hand foglight with the LED light fitted puts out onto the road:

h11smd5.jpg

its just the pics you see on eBay and such places are not always how they are in real life if you know what i mean?

ps i see what you mean though.look pretty much useless for fog!

its just the pics you see on ebay and such places are not always how they are in real life if you know what i mean?

And I bet they've used a longer exposure in that pic to make it look brighter too ;)

If you want foglights that not only look great, but work way better than stock in fog, then the HID ballasts and 3000k bulbs are the way forward :)

I think you will be disappointed. For LEDs to throw any projection you are still talking megabucks. The eBay ones aren't in the same league.

The photo's look good because of the exposure. See how you can still see dark parts on the front of the car? As Aido pointed out, look at the light on the road.

It all depends on what you are after really as they can fill the reflector area really nicely and look quite good. I'm not a fan of driving around with fog lights on though as it has that stigma attached to it. Its probably different depending which area you are in.

Might be worth putting a hid kit in if you want the projected light and the higher colour temp.

its just the pics you see on ebay and such places are not always how they are in real life if you know what i mean?

And I bet they've used a longer exposure in that pic to make it look brighter too ;)

If you want foglights that not only look great, but work way better than stock in fog, then the HID ballasts and 3000k bulbs are the way forward :)

only used the fogs a few times mate(ie in the fog) got hids for head lights and the fogs look really yellow compaired to the 10000ks just trying to match the look without the price lol!

only used the fogs a few times mate(ie in the fog) got hids for head lights and the fogs look really yellow compaired to the 10000ks just trying to match the look without the price lol!

I know what you mean mate :)

To be fair your best bet might just be some of the halogen bulbs that just match the colour temp of your HIDs, they should be as cheap if not cheaper than the LED bulbs plus they'll throw more usable light onto the road :)

The LEDs are nice but like Geoff says cost a bomb to get anything decent!

I had the PIAA blue sides in my IS - put them in and they looked awesome with the dark headlight housings - but were as illegal as you could get! Took them out as soon as I got home though as I realised I'd be getting hammered for it! Saw a pic of a GS today with them in which looked pretty damned good tho!

..:: Edit ::..

This gives you an idea of how blue I mean (plus yellow fogs like I've got):

114703d1195752687-happy-thanksgiving-10th-anniversary-jdm-aristo-black-pearl-grill-black-pearl-emblem-1sickpics-me-112207-011.jpg

h11smd5.jpg

its just the pics you see on eBay and such places are not always how they are in real life if you know what i mean?

How about this?

Ebay Lights