Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Foglight - Anyone Used Them?

They would be much better than the LEDs you saw earlier mate :)

They've got a colour temp of 4500k - what are you running in your main headlights at the moment?

also sidelights dont come on with dipped do they?

Mine did on the IS but you couldn't really tell as the dipped lights overpowered the sides.

From memory from the lights off position one click is sidelights, two clicks is sidelights and dipped, and three clicks is auto and pushing the stalk forward gives you full beam? It has been a while since I had the IS so I'm probably talking ******* :lol:

Thanks mate, you reckon that they will give me that white light I am after? I understand that they will not be as white a HID but at least they will be very close to blue-ish white right?

Thanks mate, you reckon that they will give me that white light I am after? I understand that they will not be as white a HID but at least they will be very close to blue-ish white right?

They should be fine :)

If you do want it slightly more blue then you may want to go uo to the 6000k bulbs as they will give you that bluish white - the higher the k number the more blue until you hit above 12000k which is purple and I just saw one set at 32000k which is pink for the women :D

nah thats right mate, good memory, but i dont think my sides come on with dipped?

your sides should come on with dipped just checked mine and as said by aido sidelights on turn one sides and head lights turn two!!

if not you have a problem with your lights that needs seen too!!!!!

nah thats right mate, good memory, but i dont think my sides come on with dipped?

Yep - its part of the switching. It would need to switch out the sides.

You probably just haven't noticed them mate and it doesn't seem to make sense because they are too dim over the dips anyway but electrically its easier for them to stay on.

Might be showing my age a bit here but I thought fog lights were deliberately yellow to pierce the fog.

Helped with visibility as bright white chavvy driving lights simply got reflected all over causing lots of glare and reduced visibility.

That's exactly right mate, as well as old :P

It's why I keep saying HIDs with 3000k are the best for cutting through fog to this lot :lol:

Hope you're well fella :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would you put LEDs in for dipped beam ? No. They're not going to be bright enough for fogs, only for looks.

Having said that I think that the IS200 fogs are useless anyway, even in actual fog, so personally I'd be happy to replace mine with LEDs since I don't actually need them to light up the road.

to be honest, im not bothered about them not being bright enough for fog, i dont think you really need fog lights on the front, i've never had em on any other car and i've never had an issue, but when you put them on with the HID's they look out of place, at least now with the blue tint they look great with the sides or dipped on.