Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Discs And Pads

Dave1986

I was looking at the 3g Discs on Prolex as i just ordered some bulbs from them, i think these are the discs ill be going with, pads i was undecided between mintex, greenstuff and some Trd ones which were a bit too pricey

What are the mintex ones like under hard driving? I do the odd driftday here and there so would prefer something tht likes being stamped on at times :question:

Any1 had any experience with DBA brake discs?

• 2 weeks later...
mintex are recommended, but be careful, theres meant to be a few fakes on Ebay.

I was looking on eBay and there are a lot of different prices for the Mintex pads going between 14.99 - 38 pounds for a set of fronts, I would be very wary of which ones I got. Would there be much difference using Mintex pads with OEM discs or would you have to get Mintex discs as well to get full performance?

I was looking at the 3g Discs on Prolex as i just ordered some bulbs from them, i think these are the discs ill be going with, pads i was undecided between mintex, greenstuff and some Trd ones which were a bit too pricey

What are the mintex ones like under hard driving? I do the odd driftday here and there so would prefer something tht likes being stamped on at times :question:

Any1 had any experience with DBA Brake Discs?

Yep, had DBA Gold discs with Mintex pads on my IS200 Sport for two years now (it does less miles than my 250). They've been great, highly recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah they're just rubber pal as standard :)

You're just removing space for the rubber to expand and contract but saying that I believe the connection from the engine bay is rubber so if you really want to go to town you should replace the lot all the way back to the engine bay.

I had just the braided hoses from caliper to the distribution nipple in the arch and they were fine, want to get some for the Aristo at some point.

I have only had EBC Green, and think they are very good.

Yeah, the guy at the shop suggested I got the red stuff ones, because its a heavy car. Either he was just trying to get more brass out of me or knew what he was talking about! Can't wait to get them on. Will let you know what they are like :)

I have only had EBC Green, and think they are very good.

Yeah, the guy at the shop suggested I got the red stuff ones, because its a heavy car. Either he was just trying to get more brass out of me or knew what he was talking about! Can't wait to get them on. Will let you know what they are like :)

I have a feeling the green is good for cars with up to 200HP, so with 152BHP and a heavy car, red is probably a safer bet, even though EBC recomend red for cars with over 200BHP. Maybe a little ott but what is the price of safety??????