Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I've Made My Decision !

Saraj

Hi everyone,

well with wirting my lexus off recently, had the tough decision on what to buy next,

the is200 was the obvious choose, but had a bit of a problem with affordability,

it was costing me 120 per month for insurance and 60 odd quid per week for petrol due to work, so yh costing me a bit.

couldn't really afford a is200 but wanting one made me buy one in the first place.

with insurers paying me out 3000, i also had the opp to clear my damn overdraft which never seems to go each month for the last year.

SO i bought myself a Vauxhall Astra !

I use to have on before so driving it came naturally, and with having the is200 for about 4 months didnt get too comfortable in that.

Same color Green, 1.6litre W reg with 72k on the clock, he gave 6 months tax and 12 months mot, part service history for 950 !

bargain compared to is200

HOWEVER, its not the end, im very keen on the is220 or is250 and hopefully motivation will kick in to stay out of overdraft and save money, and i mean save, so hopefully this time next year i will be in a position to buy one.

Its defo a lexus for me, i prefer comfortability then anything elese and thats what lexu's all about

belive it or not my insurance has gone to 32 per month now on the astra and probally cost about 35-40 per week on petrol with a heavy foot, so saving already

and im proper proud that i took this decision and gone ahead, wanting something over privaled but not this time

im going to stick around on here, because the advice you get is not just for lexus's but for cars in general !!

but thanks everyone who helped me out when i got stuck with a problem with the is200 !

Will cost you more ,with all the Garage bill's you now going to have :P

true my last astra it only cost me alot at each MOT from what a can remeber each one was over 300, but nothing went wrong in between so im hoping it stays that way

Good luck with it, hope its more reliable than my Brothers Vectra and Mums Omega....

thanks mate, if its as realible as my last vectra then im happy

Will cost you more ,with all the Garage bill's you now going to have :P

true my last astra it only cost me alot at each MOT from what a can remeber each one was over 300, but nothing went wrong in between so im hoping it stays that way

Good luck with it, hope its more reliable than my Brothers Vectra and Mums Omega....

thanks mate, if its as realible as my last vectra then im happy

Yeah, I want being sarky mate. I hope its a trouble free ride. Fingers crossed you'll be back in a Lex soon. I'm leaning towards a new car myself in the near future. My dad my possibly take mine off me and i'll have a S/C going begging! Good luck though dude!

I think you made a a sensible decision mate. :) If you were finding it hard to afford to run the IS200, no point struggling. Get a cheaper car like your Astra, enjoy it, save your money and hopefully come back next year with an IS220 or IS250.

Well Done :D

I think you made a a sensible decision mate. :) If you were finding it hard to afford to run the IS200, no point struggling. Get a cheaper car like your Astra, enjoy it, save your money and hopefully come back next year with an IS220 or IS250.

Well Done :D

thanks you much appreciated,

nobody would belive how proud i am of myself for doing it, all my life ive always want thing nice whether it got me in to debt, i think this is the first move, even though its going backwards in regards to cars but dont care anymore.

and the fact i could be dirving a is220 or is250 this time next year, really motivates me, i sat in one at motorpoint last sunday and wow it put a big smile on my face.

i can see the overtime coming, and i may actually end up homeworking as well and the amount of money ill save on petrol i will save !