Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone ever replaced the Sport logo on the bottom of the front bumper on a GS300 MkI? I have contacted Lexus and on 3 occasions have been sent the rear quarter light stickers which although are correct in design are sticky on the wrong side due to being applied from the inside.

If anyone has managed to get this part from Lexus could you pass on either the part number or the dealership that you purchased from so that I can give them a try?

Ta very much :)

Just having a quick look here but looks like it's only showing the standard bumper not a sticker:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1997_LEXU...EPQFW_5201.html

Was the Sport kit done by TTE or something I wonder?

Thanks for trying. Lexus Cheltenham have contacted technical and on the third attempt I was sent a 'bumper kit' which sounded promising but it contained another 2 quarter light stickers and a small (1" long) black raised plastic sticker which looks like something that would be stuck inside on the dash, not that I have one on mine. They must produce them as the quarter light stickers are exactly the same just sticky on the wrong side. I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

Do either of those you have match these part numbers:

01001-01098 (Smoke)

01001-01099 (Silver)

?

I wonder if they literally do something with the window sticker when they put these on, ie glue it on and lacquer over them or something?

Do either of those you have match these part numbers:

01001-01098 (Smoke)

01001-01099 (Silver)

?

I wonder if they literally do something with the window sticker when they put these on, ie glue it on and lacquer over them or something?

Those part numbers aren't what I've been sent so I might try that on Monday. So far I have been sent the following parts:

GBNGA-5E099 (Sport Badge Silver) - contains 2 quarter light stickers

GBNGA-5E098 (Sport Badge Smoke) - contains 2 quarter light stickers

01001-01191 (Sport Badge Kit) - contains 2 quarter light stickers and one 1" raised black sticker (looks like interior sticker)

Thanks again.

Blimey :lol:

You've been through a few part nos there - all good for future reference though!

I did see that someone commented that they had stopped stocking those two part numbers I've given you but that was a couple of years ago and you'd think they'd still be available from somewhere so definitely worth a go - fingers crossed they're the ones you're after!

Blimey :lol:

You've been through a few part nos there - all good for future reference though!

I did see that someone commented that they had stopped stocking those two part numbers I've given you but that was a couple of years ago and you'd think they'd still be available from somewhere so definitely worth a go - fingers crossed they're the ones you're after!

Thanks again for your help, I'll let you know how I get on :)

I have in my possession a front bumper decal for the mk1 sport. I am waiting to have the bumper re-painted before i install it.

The only reason i have it is that it came with a brochure i bought from eBay. It is a real item(sticky on the back of the lettering) and the part number is as elusive as a cat's bark.

I went through the same process as you when i wanted to replace my quarter light versions.

If you don't require the raised version i have use for it, pm me?

Tigerfish had his sport logo's made by Neil (sorted vti) on here :) here's tigerfish's car with it fitted might be worth sending Neil a pm to see if he can do you some? :)

post-19263-1192443466.jpg

Thanks, I was considering getting some made as I have the quarter light ones to use as a pattern but wasn't sure where to get them done. I'll see how I get on with Lexus on Monday with the untried part numbers and then if no joy will def see Neil. Thanks for your help :D

I have in my possession a front bumper decal for the mk1 sport. I am waiting to have the bumper re-painted before i install it.

The only reason i have it is that it came with a brochure i bought from ebay. It is a real item(sticky on the back of the lettering) and the part number is as elusive as a cat's bark.

I went through the same process as you when i wanted to replace my quarter light versions.

If you don't require the raised version i have use for it, pm me?

Sorry 300 Sport I returned to Lexus just before Christmas but if you want one I've listed the part number above.

Hi guys,

Ive taken a note of the part numbers you posted above for the rear qaurter window decals (as one of mine is missing/peeled off) And ive emailed my nearest Lexus dealer to see if they can do them. Dont supose you can remember how much they were do you?

Cheers

Just been reading this thread, just out of interest my 'M' reg GS Sport has the small raised black 'Sport' logo sticker thingy on the bumper rather than the decal. I do however have the decals on the rear quarter lights

just seen this thread.

if you need any sport stickers give me a shout.

and as tigerfish mentioned il send a couple of colours so you can get the perfect match.

cheers tigerfish and aztec!! ;)

Thanks a lot, I may take you up on that. Lexus are currently looking at it again, if I don't get any joy I'll get in touch.

Just been reading this thread, just out of interest my 'M' reg GS Sport has the small raised black 'Sport' logo sticker thingy on the bumper rather than the decal. I do however have the decals on the rear quarter lights

Is your raised sticker in the same place as the decal (ie. just below the near side fog light) because the one I had was tiny, only about an inch long and the sport logo wouldn't have really been legible without getting close?

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I need one rear quarterlight sport decal in silver as i have part of my decal missing, i also need a front bumper sport sticker but as my car is silver i guess the decal for the bumper would have been a dark colour either gunmetal or black i presume.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Graham

Hi all

I need one rear quarterlight sport decal in silver as i have part of my decal missing, i also need a front bumper sport sticker but as my car is silver i guess the decal for the bumper would have been a dark colour either gunmetal or black i presume.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Graham

I believe the window ones are still available from Lexus. As mentioned further up, for the bumper logo, contact Neil (aka "sorted vti") as he made some bumper ones up for me. I used the white on my car but he also does other colurs. I'm sure he could do the window ones too but you would probably be best replacing both window ones if they are not the genuine ones, as their might be a slight difference.

post-19263-1192443458.jpg

The 1" raised one sounds like the one for the TTE bumper on the IS (as below).........have you tried any other dealers, someone must know what it is!

277807446.jpg

That is the decal they supplied to me. Excuse my ignorance but what is TTE?

Excuse my ignorance but what is TTE?

It's Toyota's motorsport division in Europe (Toyota Team Europe) - I believe either they, or a division of them, runs the Toyota F1 team. I guess they're similar to AMG or BMWs M division.........

TTE Website