Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Handsfree Question

Having picked up an IS200 SE yesterday, I really miss the very cheap but amazing quality Lidl silvercrest Bluetooth radio, and I'm going to have to go back to a headset for now.

But the car has a Motorola cradled car kit fitted. Was that a standard fitment option or has someone had it butchered behind the dash?

I know I'm going to have to shell out for a Bluetooth kit, I just want to minimise the cutting of factory wiring.

Most of the mentions of wired kits seem to be the normal Nokia one, but I'm wondering if it is an option at purchase. Can't find anything in the history yet, but I'm still going through it.

I think they were just butchered in there to be honest mate, my old IS had a Nokia kit in there that I got them to remove, when I came to do some work a couple of years later and took the radio out you could see where they'd just cut the wires off and left it!

Having picked up an IS200 SE yesterday, I really miss the very cheap but amazing quality Lidl silvercrest Bluetooth radio, and I'm going to have to go back to a headset for now.

But the car has a Motorola cradled car kit fitted. Was that a standard fitment option or has someone had it butchered behind the dash?

I know I'm going to have to shell out for a bluetooth kit, I just want to minimise the cutting of factory wiring.

Most of the mentions of wired kits seem to be the normal Nokia one, but I'm wondering if it is an option at purchase. Can't find anything in the history yet, but I'm still going through it.

My GS 430 also had a motorola setup. Apparently it was an expensive factoryfit option. If yours is similar to mine then the Motorola V50 is the phone you need. The cradle etc. on mine is in the upper of the two compartments in the central armrest. I managed to get a Lexus badged V50 and it works really well through the car speakers. Are there any telephone control buttons fitted behind/on your steering wheel?

Going to appear dim now, but how do I get to your Gallery?

I think you click on my name, then click to view profile, then click view gallery?

Here you go. Just for ref, find the pic you want to show. Right click on it and "Copy image location" or similar depending on your browser. Then in your post, near the top are some icons. Move over each one for a description popup. Click on insert image and then paste what you have just copied.

tn_gallery_13294_516_7415.jpg

tn_gallery_13294_516_68145.jpg

tn_gallery_13294_516_69504.jpg

tn_gallery_13294_516_79145.jpg

tn_gallery_13294_516_177255.jpg

tn_gallery_13294_516_188441.jpg

No buttons that I could see, but the phone antenna runs up to the old tax disc holder, and there appears to be a microphone tucked up behind the rear view mirror.

Sounds like an aftermarket one but at least all the wires will be there. Any competent installer you get should be able to trace them easily enough.

That looks to be the same cradle and mic, but the cradle is in the normal Nokia position attached to the side of the console on the passenger side. I'll need to double check for control buttons but I'm sure there aren't any.