Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Started Lip

rig-pig

started the lip today had to rub it down and fill the small dents an scrapes

S4021168.jpg

S4021170.jpg

S4021171.jpg

S4021172.jpg

that's it in primer and ready for the 1st rub back to highlight any missed bits lol

and my other project is doing the lights in the same paint as the car

S4021167.jpg

going to sell the black de-tango lights that are on the car once these ones are done

S4021166.jpg

The lip is coming on nicely, alot of sanding to get it right, but the prep stage is always the hardest.

Nice idea with the lights, be interesting to see how these come out in the Lex blue.............Thanks for putting the pics up, I really enjopy seeing in progress shots.

Oh by the way what colour is your Lex and where did you get your paint mixed? Is it from a can?

Keith

my lex is Dark blue mica 8n8 is the paint code i got the paint mixed at a place that supplies body panels i used them when i worked in a garage m8

i think Halfords mix up paint but i get trade price most places so i dont use them much

done some more today iv taken the lip back to take all the chips/scratches out now it has had a coat of plastic bond so everything sticks to it, just need to get more plastic primer now i used the last of it on that last coat.

S4021173.jpg

S4021174.jpg

S4021175.jpg

S4021177.jpg

S4021176.jpg

S4021181.jpg

S4021182.jpg

S4021183.jpg

i gave the lights a clear coat today and primed up the indicator reflectors as well

S4021178.jpg

S4021179.jpg

S4021180.jpg

S4021184.jpg

yes they do even with the orange bulbs they are still bright as i have done the same with the blacked out lights i have done that are on the car but if you wanted to go to LED's you could

• 3 weeks later...

ok got the lip in the last coat of primer today

S4021198.jpg

S4021199.jpg

S4021197.jpg

and i got the lights put back together as well

S4021193.jpg

S4021195.jpg

S4021194.jpg

S4021196.jpg

just got to fit them and the blacked out de-tango lights will be up for sale

thanks. yes m8 i will be doing that after 24hrs so the paint is fully dry

Just doing my side skirts at the moment and wishing i had my own spray booth to speed the drying up a bit :whistling: Got 1 in the airing cupboard at the moment as its nice and hot in there which seems to help :lol: Look forward to seeing it fitted mate :)

so I'm i m8 you not putting up pics of the skirts. I'm going to put the blue lights on tomorrow so will get some pics up of them and the black ones are on eBay just now

Just had a look at the lights matey, going to do mine soon :) There are some pic's of my skirts etc in my Mods Update thread :)

Hi Rig-Pig - the lights are looking great, I was just debating to spray my lights black or blue, but after seeing them I'm almost settled on blue - Have you got any close up pics / pics of the lights fitted to your car?

Ironically the bodykit if the next thing I want to get fitted - how much did you pay for yours, and where did you get it from?