Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Need A Little Car....

Rory

I need a car that returns good fuel economy, (as good as possible) and is very reliable, and doesn't cost the earth to service, and can fit all 6'4 of me in it, also can't be a girly car

any suggestions?

remember the cheaper to run the better

I need a car that returns good fuel economy, (as good as possible) and is very reliable, and doesn't cost the earth to service, and can fit all 6'4 of me in it, also can't be a girly car

any suggestions?

remember the cheaper to run the better

Nissan S-Cargo- has lots of headroom!

Or the Cube......... :whistling:

Ay up Rory been a while mate, :)

Weve got a Fiesta 1.4 5dr zetec aswell as the lex and been very happy with it so far, i'm 6.4 aswell and fit in it very well, pretty good on fuel, even though i wished we'd gone for the 1.6 model instead as there suposed to be better than the 1.4 models on economy, but its very good and has been a great little motor so far, also got quite a bit of space in them with having folding rear seats :)

Hey how u doin? fiesta is already on my comparison list i've been spending much less time online since the summer, been a turbulent time at work, being as i'm unemployed as of today, lol,

isn't cube fairly new (therefore a few grand to buy?) I don't know what an S-cargo is lol, but i'll have a quick look

Hey how u doin? fiesta is already on my comparison list i've been spending much less time online since the summer, been a turbulent time at work, being as i'm unemployed as of today, lol,

isn't cube fairly new (therefore a few grand to buy?) I don't know what an S-cargo is lol, but i'll have a quick look

Know how you feel with the work thing mate, it happened to me just before xmas :crybaby:

Been very happy with our 03 plate mk6 fiesta but would go for the 1.6 if we had another, Just fitted an induction kit to ours and its improved how it runs quite a bit, fuelings better and it picks up very well :D

again go for the fiesta, i bought the wife a mk6 07 plate one in august as she is learning to drive, to be honest its surprised me we even use it at weekends instead of the lex, and it has less rattles than my 220d.

we got ours from the car people and paid £5700, 07 fiesta style climate and they are holding there values pretty good as the demand for small cars is increasing

no joke but the Aygo is excellent.

+1 for the Aygo.

When you say 'I need a little car', how little does the replacement car need to be? For example, do you want a supermini/city car (Aygo), or a family hatchback (Focus)?

dont know what your budget is, but my mum has a 58 plate, Merc A Class and its a great little car. i'm 6"3' and i find there is bags of room, both in the front and rear of the car.

You get decent kit as standard now days too. It's good to drive, looks good and has decent economy.

I know you don't want anything "girlie" but I can't recomend the Nissan Micra enough. If you go for the diesel these are congestion charge exempt and you pay next to sweet fanny adams road tax per year. I have been running them as driving school cars and servicing and other useables aside, they are as hard as nails. I'm the best part of 6 foot 4 and I can spend an 8 hour working day in it no problem. The only thing I would say is go for one with the 14 inch wheels and the cost for the tyres for the 15 inch wheels are a complete rip off.

Jim.

2 CV

Sold my 2cv to get the Lex in the first place, one i'd rather not go back to really... :D

no joke but the Aygo is excellent.

+1 for the Aygo.

When you say 'I need a little car', how little does the replacement car need to be? For example, do you want a supermini/city car (Aygo), or a family hatchback (Focus)?

as fussy as I am with regards the car not being too girly, thats as fussy as i'm allowed to be for now, suggestions in both those categories are welcome, if a focus or similar can be as cheap to run and service as a fiesta then all can be considered

dont know what your budget is, but my mum has a 58 plate, Merc A Class and its a great little car. i'm 6"3' and i find there is bags of room, both in the front and rear of the car.

You get decent kit as standard now days too. It's good to drive, looks good and has decent economy.

hmm, A-class never crossed my mind, i'll have a look at those too

I know you don't want anything "girlie" but I can't recomend the Nissan Micra enough. If you go for the diesel these are congestion charge exempt and you pay next to sweet fanny adams road tax per year. I have been running them as driving school cars and servicing and other useables aside, they are as hard as nails. I'm the best part of 6 foot 4 and I can spend an 8 hour working day in it no problem. The only thing I would say is go for one with the 14 inch wheels and the cost for the tyres for the 15 inch wheels are a complete rip off.

Jim.

another added to the growing list - on the plus side, there is a fiesta for sale on our famile but it is old, its like the last resort, comparable to the cars they have as a back up on the long top gear challenges, lol, but everyday it looks more like a possibility...

Having had a good look around, It was a tough choice between a fiesta 03ish, or a Yaris t3 sr or sport, I'm gonna go for a Yaris 1.5 Sport as the performance is much better (on paper anyway, haven't driven one yet) and the economy is still excellent, now I just have to sell the Lex so I can buy one.

Having had a good look around, It was a tough choice between a fiesta 03ish, or a Yaris t3 sr or sport, I'm gonna go for a Yaris 1.5 Sport as the performance is much better (on paper anyway, haven't driven one yet) and the economy is still excellent, now I just have to sell the Lex so I can buy one.

Nice motor matey, which colour you going to go for? :)

i'm not sure yet, can't get it til I sell the lex, I like the grey one pictured, but i'm not too bothered with the the colour as most of them look good