Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hiya

Ive just put a deposit on a 51 plate RX 300 se with 54 k on the clock , in the advert sat nav wasn't inc in the spec , but when i got there it looks like sat nav is in it.

I pressed the DEST button and a message came back saying something like " link not conected " ( sorry i can't remember it )

What does this mean? how do i fix it ?

Thanks

Welcome to LOC :)

Maybe something simple like they've replaced the headunit with a newer one but the navigation computer wasn't installed with it - my car is similar (except it was Jap navigation but that unit was removed and replaced with an aftermarket satnav) but in my case nothing happens when I press the Dest button!

Hi, & welcome.

My mark 1 has the same message if sat nav buttons are pressed, mine definately a uk model. If yours is a se sat nav was optinal.When I bought mine i asked the dealer if it was an import, then on closer inspection, all my glass etched Lexus, Camcover has Lexus, steering wheel also has Lexus badge & stereo also comes up Lexus most imports were Toyota Harriers that have been rebadged. To the best of my knowledge the RX not sold in Japan, I've most probably stirred up a hornets nest.

Hope you are enjoying your RX

I love to drive mine, great on long runs.

Pete

Hi, & welcome.

My mark 1 has the same message if sat nav buttons are pressed, mine definately a uk model. If yours is a se sat nav was optinal.When I bought mine i asked the dealer if it was an import, then on closer inspection, all my glass etched Lexus, Camcover has Lexus, steering wheel also has Lexus badge & stereo also comes up Lexus most imports were Toyota Harriers that have been rebadged. To the best of my knowledge the RX not sold in Japan, I've most probably stirred up a hornets nest.

Hope you are enjoying your RX

I love to drive mine, great on long runs.

Pete

No , i really do think it's a uk car ( not picked it up yet ) , i just hope it's not a bit slow for me ( downgrading cost / performance for more space at a cheap price ) coming from a 07 plate Audi S3.

Thanks

If its an import it will say so on the V5 (logbook). I doubt if it is an import but if I were buying a lexus that is one of the first things I would find out. Not that buying imports is bad its just that you should be aware of what you are buying and be prepared accordingly.