Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Error Code 4

It may be worth trying to contact a dealer to see if the unit is still under warranty as some of the IS units had 5 years on the headunit.

If not it's an expensive one to replace I believe!

It may be worth trying to contact a dealer to see if the unit is still under warranty as some of the IS units had 5 years on the headunit.

My CD on my RX is a bog standard but it gives me these errors from time to time, had a few the last month or so when the car is cold, may be the discs are too cold or when the car warms quickly there may be condensation on the disc which will give a read error.

The first few times I had a real problem ejecting the discs until I came upon a simple solution.

Turn the unit off

Then turn off the engine so that no lights are on on the dash

Push down and hold the power button on the cd player, whilst holding it down, turn the key to power up the unit.

Remove your finger from the power button, you may need to press again to switch it on. Error should now clear.

This has never failed to clear the faults I have had ranging from unreadable discs to un-ejectable discs.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Steve - if you're getting a lot if I was in your position I'd get Lexus to swap it out under warranty as if it's possibly on the way then it will be expensive to fix when it's out of warranty!

My CD on my RX is a bog standard but it gives me these errors from time to time, had a few the last month or so when the car is cold, may be the discs are too cold or when the car warms quickly there may be condensation on the disc which will give a read error.

The first few times I had a real problem ejecting the discs until I came upon a simple solution.

Turn the unit off

Push down and hold the power button on the cd player, whilst holding it down, turn the key to power up the unit.

Remove your finger from the power button, you may need to press again to switch it on. Error should now clear.

This has never failed to clear the faults I have had ranging from unreadable discs to un-ejectable discs.

Steve

A great very many thnanks!!!!!!!!!! You are correct to say the discs were very difficult to eject. I had pressed the eject button many times to no avail, however the next time I turned on the engine they all immediately spewed out (I can't remember but I might well have tried pressing the power button when I turned on the engine button). Subsequently it would not let me reload any cds. You are also absolutely correct about how to clear the error. Your instructions above worked first time. The problem has reoccurred but has again been cleared by your instruction. Sossages is a happy bunny. Happy New Year to you!!!!!!!!!

Turn the unit off

Steve

A great very many thnanks!!!!!!!!!! You are correct to say the discs were very difficult to eject. I had pressed the eject button many times to no avail, however the next time I turned on the engine they all immediately spewed out (I can't remember but I might well have tried pressing the power button when I turned on the engine button). Subsequently it would not let me reload any cds. You are also absolutely correct about how to clear the error. Your instructions above worked first time. The problem has reoccurred but has again been cleared by your instruction. Sossages is a happy bunny. Happy New Year to you!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be of assistance

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great suggestion! I fixed the problem and was able to eject cds. Thanks a lot!

Turn the unit off

Steve

• 3 years later...

I Had the same problem with my CD player but no matter how many button presses or combination of buttons I tried would work so as a last resort I tried removing the stereo. SORTED now CD player works like new it's a bit fiddly but doable.

• 2 years later...

I just want to say a massive thank you to all the forum contributors.

I had the CD error code appear and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away or eject my CD's. I remembered I had searched this forum before concerning my VSC and engine warning lights and a problem with my headlights not self levelling properly.

Each time you guys have given me the answer and in doing so saved me hundreds of £'s.

That trick about holding the on/off radio button as you turn the ignition on popped my CD's out straight away. Just amasing.

THANK YOU.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links