Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is My Stereo Likely To Be Security Coded?

Is it likely that my stereo is coded? If so is there any way of disabling the code? Or finding what it is FOC? I want to grease up the Battery terminals but if disconnecting the Battery means losing the stereo then that will cause me grief as I do not have any indication that it is coded AFAIK. I did this with the wife's Nissan last month and found a blank bit in the handbook where the stereo code is suposed to be. Robbing b******s charged me £15 for the code after a hard fought argument (they wanted over £40 initially) even though it was bought from a Nissan dealer (a different one now defunct).

You are the gurus, so over to you lot....

Is it likely that my stereo is coded? If so is there any way of disabling the code? Or finding what it is FOC? I want to grease up the battery terminals but if disconnecting the battery means losing the stereo then that will cause me grief as I do not have any indication that it is coded AFAIK. I did this with the wife's Nissan last month and found a blank bit in the handbook where the stereo code is suposed to be. Robbing b******s charged me £15 for the code after a hard fought argument (they wanted over £40 initially) even though it was bought from a Nissan dealer (a different one now defunct).

You are the gurus, so over to you lot....

No its not got a code :D