Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am due 4 new tyres very soon, have done a mere 22k miles on the factory originals but they are fubar (mainly due to excessive wear on the inner and outer of the fronts but this has been discussed elsewhere)

Has anybody fitted 225/50s on their 16" rims or do you even get the 16"s in the UK? I'm in Ireland and have a bog basic no frills base model with 16"s

I assume as the Exec models can run 225mm wide tyres (albeit on 17"s) there should be no issues with rubbing etc as the overall diameter of the 205/55/16 factory tyres on my base model and a 225/50/16 roughly equate.

On my old IS200 I changed from the factory Bridgestone Potenzas to Dunlop Sport and was much happier so I think I'g do the same again...............anyone any opinions good or bad?

DB :question:

Hi there,

No idea about the sizing issue but have just changed all four of mine from the Bridgestone ones shipped...same wearing issues, they only lasted 17k miles!

Have replaced with Dunlop sport all round, 225/18 fronts and 255/18 rears -- road noise vastly reduced and grip level much better -- well until this morning on snow....shocker (this is my first rear wheel drive car)... went sideways down the drive....oops!! thankfully car ok!

Anyway, would recommed the dunlops.

Thanks

Matt

I've not got a 220d so I might not be of much help but I did have a GS300 with Bridgestone Potenza'a on it and my LS430 came with Dunlop SP Sport or what ever they were. I found both these tyres very noisey. I can recomend Michelin Piolot Sports. I have had four fitted to my LS. They are quiet and provide better feel.

well im glad too see its not only me that has issues with the tyres, my first set of bridgestone potenzas lasted 18k i was asked if i go drifting as they hadnt seen them wear that quick, last week after 10k i had the second set on the rears replaced as they were well below legal limits again bridgestones.

i had a cheap set £80 each fitted as im getting rid within the next few months.

sorry not glad you got same problem but you no what i mean

My Toyo T1-R's are coming to the end of their useful life after 22k miles. Still have a couple of thousand miles on the rear tread, but the front inners will need changing before then (car is lowered and it's a camber issue, otherwise there's still plenty of tread left across the rest of the tyre).