Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Gs300

Bones

Hi I am new to the Club and wonder if anybody can help me with some advice on tyre pressure. Bought my GS 300 years with lexus low profile wheels fitted, No wheel sizes but they were fitted with 275/35/zr 18 on the rear and 245/40/zr18 on the front. the spare is the same size as the front tyres.

Were these standard or a Lexus extra? Every garage I have had tyres fitted have put different pressure in, cosequently I am either blowing them with every rut and Salisbury has more than Iraq, or wearing them out in double time. Anybody help! :crybaby:

Hi I am new to the Club and wonder if anybody can help me with some advice on tyre pressure. Bought my GS 300 years with lexus low profile wheels fitted, No wheel sizes but they were fitted with 275/35/zr 18 on the rear and 245/40/zr18 on the front. the spare is the same size as the front tyres.

Were these standard or a Lexus extra? Every garage I have had tyres fitted have put different pressure in, cosequently I am either blowing them with every rut and Salisbury has more than Iraq, or wearing them out in double time. Anybody help! :crybaby:

You appear to be describing the wheels fitted on Series 1 GS 300 Sport. I used to run mine on 36psi usually. The spare wheel, although the same size, should have slightly different recesses for the wheel nuts, and require different nuts to enable it to be fitted. You will not get a sound fitment of the spare to front or rear without these nuts. My local Lexus dealer kindly got me a set FOC when I discovered this some 3 or 4 years after i bought it from them.

Why dont you ask Tony at WIM about what tyre pressure you should be using.

Just drop him a PM, he is a good guy and he will be able to sort you out.

The spare wheel, although the same size, should have slightly different recesses for the wheel nuts, and require different nuts to enable it to be fitted. You will not get a sound fitment of the spare to front or rear without these nuts. My local Lexus dealer kindly got me a set FOC when I discovered this some 3 or 4 years after i bought it from them.

Any more specific details on this? My spare just looks like a 8½" TTE wheel the same as the one fitted to the front. What is special about these other nuts? I use Tuner type nuts on mine and they are the same all round for the front and 10" rears so can't see why they would be any different for the spare :unsure:

I run mine at 36psi the same as Dave does.

The spare wheel, although the same size, should have slightly different recesses for the wheel nuts, and require different nuts to enable it to be fitted. You will not get a sound fitment of the spare to front or rear without these nuts. My local Lexus dealer kindly got me a set FOC when I discovered this some 3 or 4 years after i bought it from them.

Any more specific details on this? My spare just looks like a 8½" TTE wheel the same as the one fitted to the front. What is special about these other nuts? I use Tuner type nuts on mine and they are the same all round for the front and 10" rears so can't see why they would be any different for the spare :unsure:

I run mine at 36psi the same as Dave does.

The recess in the wheel was different to facilitate the wheel being able to be used as a spare for both back and front. When I wanted to have a tyre replaced singly on the front and have my new spare used with it on the front, the spare wheel did not tighten correctly. As far as I know, the spare needs different recess/dish/champer on the holes in order that the wheel can be fitted on the rear in place of the 10" if needed following puncture etc. Lexus Coventry ordered the wheel nuts FOC for me. You may find that in your boot are a set of extra wheel nuts with a slightly longer taper for this reason.

Regards Dave

Reg is 96 on a P plate.

Only the front wheels fit in the boot recess and they are flat to view and the rear being concave. the nuts are all normal as the original locking nuts have been replaced by tyre fitters as the lock has worn. I will try and get some pictures if i can wash them the sat and muck off without everything freezing.

Thanks for the tyre pressures Is it the same for front and rear?

The recess in the wheel was different to facilitate the wheel being able to be used as a spare for both back and front. When I wanted to have a tyre replaced singly on the front and have my new spare used with it on the front, the spare wheel did not tighten correctly. As far as I know, the spare needs different recess/dish/champer on the holes in order that the wheel can be fitted on the rear in place of the 10" if needed following puncture etc. Lexus Coventry ordered the wheel nuts FOC for me. You may find that in your boot are a set of extra wheel nuts with a slightly longer taper for this reason.

Regards Dave

hmmm, sounds a tad retarded to do that but will have to check mine now as a spare that can't be used is f**k all use in the end.

Thanks for the tyre pressures Is it the same for front and rear?

Yup.

hmmm, sounds a tad retarded to do that but will have to check mine now as a spare that can't be used is f**k all use in the end.

I hadn't noticed any difference but when the tyre fitter and the manager showed me the wheels I could see a slight difference in the shape of the recess for the wheelnut. The wheel would not tighten correctly to the front (didn't try it on the back).

When I asked at Lexus Coventry, Cathy (was service manager then, parts manager now) investigated and ordered a set of wheelnuts from Lexus for me and when they arrived it was evident that the taper was different.