Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Windscreen 'whistling'

I had a new windscreen fitted today to my 250SE and it all looked fine and dandy when the guy had finished doing it.

However, on my drive home (about 6 hours after it had been fitted) I noticed an annoying and very noticable wind whistle coming from the area of the windscreen at speeds of above 50mph - it was difficult to place it exactly.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Everything looks OK so it's really bugging me. Is it likely to be the screen itself or could it be the edge trim?

I'm tempted to drive it round to the local Lexus dealer and do an A/B comparison with a new car to see if everything is in the right place and as flush as it should be.

As Colin says above, i had 1 fitted to my is200 last year and it gets very annoying after a bit, still got to have mine re-fitted as the rubber that goes round the glass on mine sits too high and did come out at one point while i was on holiday so had to glue it back in at the time? If i was you i'd take it back asap and have it re-done :)

Windscreen whistling ? Nah don't believe it. The IS250 is the quietest car in the world as we all know.

They even put special sound insulation in the sun visors......

so you can hear all the rattles and creaks.

ps My seat has just started creaking !!!

pps There's another loud rattle coming from the back seat area whenever the weather is cold.

Windscreen whistling ? Nah don't believe it. The IS250 is the quietest car in the world as we all know.

That's my problem. The car is normally soooo quiet, any new sound really bugs me (apart from the big 'crack' from the dashboard after about 20 minutes on a cold morning!)

I think my windscreen trim clips were damaged by the fitter when he ripped them off :angry:. They're now a bit loose which I think is causing the noise (I hope).

Thanks for all your replies.

I finished work late tonight and the car was very cold. For the first 15 mins there was a almighty rattling sound coming from around the rear headrest area. It was so loud even the loud stereo couldn't mask it (no I'm not going mad). Reading this thread it's got me thinking that the seals in the window frames need some attention. The cold weather is uncovering the problem. Possibility ?