Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arbs Tte Any Good

Asi

Think Bazza has these too? Personally for just road use I'd go with the TTEs - I had the Yellow TRDs on my IS and they were stiffer than the TTE - thing was if you hit a pothole the whole car would really know about it and I think the C-Ones are stiffer still than the TRD Yellows were? Something to bear in mind.

If you're going to be putting it through it's paces on the track or drifting you would probably be better with the C-Ones. I'm not sure about that drifting bit but I did find the tighter the car is the more likely the back is to snap out which may be what you want? Someone like Clawley knows all the ins and outs of how these work as he understands all the dynamics of the chassis.

Mate have you looked at these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-IS300-Al...2QQcmdZViewItem

Cheapest of the three and probably would be absolutely perfect for what you want! Just seen Stav has the C-Ones on his car and Steviewevie I think too!

Actually I'm looking at some figures on here and those Cuscos are supposedly stiffer than the C-Ones yet they don't seem that thick in the pic?! I'm totally confused now :lol:

Figures are here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54497

Not sure of the figures of those Cusco on eBay but doubt they're the DR Race version that is discussed in that thread.

I love my TTE Red ARB's. They are the best mod I have on my car.

Please bear in mind I have big custom I.C.E. plus a TTE Supercharger, Mintex Brakes with braided hoses,

and HID's in dipped & main beam, IS250 Sport 18" Wheels etc and the ARB's are still the best mod.

I replaced the ARB bushes at the same time as they were 6 years old with OE ones (tight but they fit).

I dunno where the price of £450 came from but I am sure you can get a good set for less than that.

Cusco, TTE, TRD, Hotchkiss all are very good. Monster Mat is the one who is probably best to ask,

but I love mine !!

I've got the C-One ARBs on mine, and they're awesome, definitely not too stiff for normal road use, fine over potholes etc. I've got the OEM suspension, edeath has mentioned that in conjunction with his lowering springs he finds his a bit crashy sometimes.

What put me off the Cuscos was the fact that they seem to have increased the stiffening far more at the front than the rear compared to the other ARBs, so I was concerned that would affect the handling characteristics.

The TTE ones should be good too and I know Wozza loves his. When you're pricing and comparing, bear in mind whether new bushes are included or not (they're not included with the TTEs), since if you install new ARBs and use bushes that are quite old and worn (depending on your mileage etc) then you might not be getting the best out of them.

Also, the C-Ones come with new mounting brackets for the front ARB which is *much* stronger than the OEM ones which look very flimsy in comparison (again, getting more out of the increased stiffness of the new ARBs).

I believe the increased price of the C-Ones from Prolex now reflects the fact that the pound has plummeted against the Yen (since they're bought in from Japan).

i maybe being biased but Hotchkiss ARB's for me mate!! they are fantastic.....and i mean fantastic!! easily THE BEST MOD i've put on the car after the supercharger!! they have 4 different stiffness settings (2 front, 2 back). i have mine on the stiffest settings and its amazing the difference over stock!! i think i'm running 230ish% stiffer at the front and 80ish% stiffer at the rear. no difference in ride comfort, just a sack load less body roll etc.

slightly :offtopic: ......but i remember the c-one arb's being sold by prolex for about £330 no more than a year ago....... i may be wrong, but sure that was the case as i was in the market for some and was shopping around.

Yeah the Yen exchange rate has really caused a massive price hike in the import market. The price went up while myself and steve were buying the C-One bars to the point where Dave would no longer have made a loss on them. I must say that the handling difference is enormous (though i have mine with Eibach springs) and as steve says they are sometimes a little crashy but recently seemed to have loosened up a bit or i have stopped paying as much attention to it.

A lot of people say that ARBs do not affect the ride quality of the car but i must disagree. If the road surface is even then this is true - however on badly maintained roads and one with uneven camber once you upgrade the ARBs you will notice the ride suffering in these situation. Admittidly however the roads around me are pants.

yeah tell me about the exchange rate - i got a shock when i got my US dollars, but managed to get a decent deal eventually, lol. i wasn't saying the prices are ripping people off, i was saying they were a lot cheaper a year ago and i'm surprised how much these things are selling for now. state of the economy i guess!!

A lot of people say that ARBs do not affect the ride quality of the car but i must disagree. If the road surface is even then this is true - however on badly maintained roads and one with uneven camber once you upgrade the ARBs you will notice the ride suffering in these situation. Admittidly however the roads around me are pants.

Are you sure that's the ARBs and not just your springs though ? I hesitate to say it - but you have installed new springs over worn dampers. Could it be highlighting a problem with your dampers ?

I may be totally wrong though. My roads aren't too bad here, but I must say I've noticed no difference whatsoever in ride quality.

Back to the pricing, a similar issue will probably exist now with the Hotchkis ARBs, i.e. they'll be a lot more expensive now with the much less favourable exchange rate vs the dollar. If you could find a UK supplier with some ARBs in stock then you might well get the best deal. Previously I decided against those TTE ARBs at TDi because they were a little bit pricey, but I would think the price has become a lot more attractive now (if they've still got them !) because of the price on imported ARBs going up.

the TTE arbs are very good, they are made by Eibach, which is possibnly the most well known name in spring damper and ARB construction in the world

the Eibach bars are also re branded and therefore known as TTE, or L-Tuned

the good thing about the TTE?Eibach/L-Tuned bars is that the rear bar can be adjusted to one of 3 settings

Adjustable settings at.. 90mm 105mm 120mm

ive run TTE bars and was very happy with them

Are you sure that's the ARBs and not just your springs though ? I hesitate to say it - but you have installed new springs over worn dampers. Could it be highlighting a problem with your dampers ?

I may be totally wrong though. My roads aren't too bad here, but I must say I've noticed no difference whatsoever in ride quality.

The main thing I found fella was when you hit a big pothole which normally would just affect one side of the car it would affect both sides more as they were much more taught than before. Had the same problem with the yellow TRDs with TTE coilovers as well as the standard springs and shocks, and also with the Eibachs.

You want to come and try the roads in Sheffield mate, some of them are scarily bad - must be a contender for worst in the UK - although admittedly they are getting better nowadays :)

I used to carshare with a lad who had an M3 and the roads we used to go to work on actually caused a failure on one of his shocks - expensive trip that day :lol:

I had a week between having the springs fitted and the ARBs and my rear shocks are virtually brand new. Though the fronts do a lot more work.

What i meant is that if you hit a bump on only one side of the road the car moves alot more than it used to as previously it was able to absorb it in the relevant shock absorber, whereas now the ARB stops that suspension travel as there is no movement in the opposite shock. The same happens on one sided pot holes.

On relatively smooth roads however uprated ARBs make no difference to the ride quality and improve the handling massively.

I had a week between having the springs fitted and the ARBs and my rear shocks are virtually brand new. Though the fronts do a lot more work.

What i meant is that if you hit a bump on only one side of the road the car moves alot more than it used to as previously it was able to absorb it in the relevant shock absorber, whereas now the ARB stops that suspension travel as there is no movement in the opposite shock. The same happens on one sided pot holes.

ok thanks. Sorry, I couldn't remember the timing of when you had your springs done and the ARBs fitted.