Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Selling Up?

jason_l

1200bhp!!!!

That's crazy but like you do see a few Supras with that and Skylines - oh the joys of the 2JZ-GTE and RB26 :)

My mate bought a 1200bhp drag engine for his Skyline, he has de-tuned it slightly (smaller turbo etc) and is now by random luck is making 666bhp at the wheels :whistling: Think he is getting a number plate with 666 in it :) :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

PJ on here and CA has a numberplate with that in and is also aiming for that figure!

The guy over the road has 666 on his old truck with the insignia "You don't ***** with the devil"!!!!

LOL Mole you Vulture.

personally i'd stick with it mate.

Thought you were going for the sprint series this year? Its not all about speed in that, more handling.

Stav

Was going for Sprint series but the kit car is taking up all my time and cash at the moment so had to pull out :(

@ Mole, if i do sell up ang get something not Lexus orintaed then you are welcome to first dibs on the plate, not looking to make a profit if i do sell, just what i paid :)

Jason :P

I can understand your thinking as I feel the same. I am currently looking at Mk2 Aristos as well but I am keeping the IS as it is not worth selling with all the money I spent in it.

well i have had a few offers now for parts of my car but if it does go the only thing that will come off is the Plate, can't be arsed stripping it all down.

Lots of people telling me to keep the car and only one telling me to sell :whistling::shifty:

well i have had a few offers now for parts of my car but if it does go the only thing that will come off is the Plate, can't be arsed stripping it all down.

Lots of people telling me to keep the car and only one telling me to sell :whistling::shifty:

personally id keep it aswell....you will....only regret it afterwards

Totally understand your power issues especially when you get cars with alot more power for same amount of money I to think about this daily but Insurance & having no money stops me haha... Good luck with it & just take your time to test a few out & you'll find what you want I'm sure :D you can always get a newer IS at a later stage I always think...

I really dont understand the obsession with bhp's in uk no offense to anyone here. I would really like to understand what difference it makes if your car has 150 bhp or 666 bhp on a road with a speed limit of 30 mph?

Ok it makes a few seconds of difference on a road where the speed limit is 70 mph. Is saving that few seconds worth the 1000's of pounds you are paying extra? My answer to that is no.

I would have understood the obsession in Germany where there is no speed limit on the motorway, or if you were involved in motor racing sport. Dont understand it at all when it comes to having a car for daily usage. Maybe its just the show off factor?

Ok it makes a few seconds of difference on a road where the speed limit is 70 mph. Is saving that few seconds worth the 1000's of pounds you are paying extra? My answer to that is no.

It's no more expensive for a car stock that is already faster, thats one of his points.

And yes to me I suppose it's a show off factor in a way, if no one wanted a better or quicker car surely many companies would not exist. But I believe Jason also likes his track days & I saw him at Time Attack which he took part in :D

I really dont understand the obsession with bhp's in uk no offense to anyone here. I would really like to understand what difference it makes if your car has 150 bhp or 666 bhp on a road with a speed limit of 30 mph?

I would have understood the obsession in Germany where there is no speed limit on the motorway, or if you were involved in motor racing sport. Dont understand it at all when it comes to having a car for daily usage. Maybe its just the show off factor?

get to 30 a lot quicker :whistling:

Completely agree with you! Like Chris has said im trying to do more track days and thats the reason i would like more power because the IS is a relatively low power car! I like the better refinement of the GS compared to the IS, hence why i am looking at it. The aristo is the same as the GS apart from the more powerfull engine so hence why i am swaying towards that. plus i will have better, more comfortable car for every day driving!

The only thing that is making me think i should keep mine is that i think the IS will out handle the GS/Aristo and im going to have to spend alot to improve the handling to get it anywhere near my car. Where as my IS goes on rails and will soon be even better if i decide to get the arbs(although im not too sure if there is any point if im going to sell???). I may get the arb's and then decide i love the car that much more and keep it.

Although to be honest i didn't do too bad at the sprint day at Barkston Heath, i came last yes but if you campare my times with cars that have double the amount of power and i was 3/4 seconds off some of their times!

Jason :)

You may not be able to travel faster than 70mph, but you can certainly use the acceleration that higher power engines gives you. Technically, there is no point owning anything other than a 1100cc Metro, which has 5 seats, a boot and can easily travel at the motorway speed limit. Yet you choose to own a 4WD, 3 litre vehicle - presumably just 'because you want to'. And there's nothing wrong with that at all, be boring if we were all the same.

If you rationally analyse almost anything people do apart from basic living essentials, you can say 'that's silly'.

Personally, I agree with you that it's not necessary, but there are other factors at play. People like taking on challenges, pushing themselves and their skills etc just for the fun of it, I think that this is just part of that.

It's no more expensive for a car stock that is already faster, thats one of his points.

And yes to me I suppose it's a show off factor in a way, if no one wanted a better or quicker car surely many companies would not exist. But I believe Jason also likes his track days & I saw him at Time Attack which he took part in :D

I wasnt aiming at anyone in particular just a general point really. I agree with you though that there is a demand for it no doubt about that at all. But I think the main reason is probably just the show off factor. Not saying that is wrong. Just saying practically it doesnt make much difference how many bhp's you have from 150 onwards. Sometimes I see a ferrari on the road and I just think to myself what a waste. Its restricted on a 70 mph road. Its like seeing a lion in a cage. :)

Completely agree with you! Like Chris has said im trying to do more track days and thats the reason i would like more power because the IS is a relatively low power car! I like the better refinement of the GS compared to the IS, hence why i am looking at it. The aristo is the same as the GS apart from the more powerfull engine so hence why i am swaying towards that. plus i will have better, more comfortable car for every day driving!

If you want the Aristo for it's power, look out for 430 models too. Substantially quicker than the 300s, plus a few more of them about as well compared to the Aristos.

And it's a V8, which is the main point :D

You may not be able to travel faster than 70mph, but you can certainly use the acceleration that higher power engines gives you. Technically, there is no point owning anything other than a 1100cc Metro, which has 5 seats, a boot and can easily travel at the motorway speed limit. Yet you choose to own a 4WD, 3 litre vehicle - presumably just 'because you want to'. And there's nothing wrong with that at all, be boring if we were all the same.

If you rationally analyse almost anything people do apart from basic living essentials, you can say 'that's silly'.

Personally, I agree with you that it's not necessary, but there are other factors at play. People like taking on challenges, pushing themselves and their skills etc just for the fun of it, I think that this is just part of that.

Mike, I was thinking about that as well. If you look at it from a basic necessity point of view then yes a 1.1 litre micra would do. However I can understand why people would like to have a SUV from a practical point of view. The reason I got my SUV for example was for more space at the back (I have 3 kids) as you generally have more space in an SUV. You also get more boot space. On top of that I feel safer in a 4wd especially in the conditions we have right now. I wouldnt have bought this car if it wasnt LPG converted as the amount I would have ended up spending on petrol would have been ridiculous. These are all practical reasons imo.

Therefore I can understand why everyone doesnt opt for a micra. I can also understand why some people would opt for a more expensive and luxurious car for better comfort. Doing 60 miles in a micra compared to 60 miles in a Lexus GS300 is totally different. You would be more mentally tired and drained doing those miles in a micra. Now imagine if you commute 60 miles to work in a micra 5 days a week. By the time you reach work you would already be tired and mentally drained.

Practically, I dont understand the point of a car in the UK with 600bhp. But I understand the show factor. And I have nothing against that.:)

I mean, have you ever heard an IS200 with a SC and an Induction? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Sorry i just cant put a price on that.

My dad has a Bentley GT 550bhp he uses it most days, he used to have Ferrari 360 an hardly ever used it (never came out in the rain lmao) as he didnt find that practical? Insane I know is it a show factor for him, yes in some ways it's a reward for all his hardwork he believes & likes to travel in comfort.

He certainly does not go to track days or tune his cars lol...

Trying to convince him to get a IS-F maybe so I can borrow it, still never seen one around where I live :D

I never knew what a Lexus was before he got his 1st one lol.. so I thank him for that, he once had one of those SC's that was in the Terminator film, thats many years ago. I must admit I did quite like it, but never appreciated it at the time.