Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Choosing A New Head Unit

sorry Mat, but that sure ain't no looker compared to the Pioneer John mentioned :o
no it isnt, but its considerably cheaper, even with the add on features

It's not much cheaper when you add on the price for the Bluetooth unit (£195 vs £220 for the Pioneer), and then it doesn't have specific iPod control as far as I can see, just a generic USB connection.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat I wasn't having a pop about the price, or upgrade features, just purely the looks :o

For a Double DIN Head unit that Pioneer sure looks cool, plus has a lot of features built in. At that price range is

probably the one I'd go for. Good choice John :D

Worth having a look on some of the car audio sites for head units around the Pioneer to make sure

you have seen all your options Stevie.

caraudiosecurity (omg Clarion have 2 on there that are just hiddeous)

bassjunkies

Dynamic Sounds

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Double-DIN DVD Player worth a look at about £339

(but no Bluetooth or iPod, they are extra, but does play DVD's)

EDIT** plus has an input for a reverse camera :D

Also the JVC-KW-AVX710 DVD/CD/Mp3 Motorised Touchscreen @ about £299

(but no Bluetooth or iPod, they are extra, but does play DVD's)

When you have pretty much decided what you ae after, go to your local store for 2 reasons (if they have one on display).

1. When you go, take your favourite CD or DVD so you can listen/look at the way it performs and try some of the features

before you spend any money.

2. Also have in your pocket a printout of the best internet price including postage & then haggle like mad. Also much

easier to go back to a local dealer in the unlikey event of something going wrong.

If they don't have the unit you want on display, go Hellfrauds to try, then buy somewhere else as more likely cheaper :)

CLARION-DUB278RMP.jpg

Didn't Clarion used to be a premium brand many years ago?!

That looks like some kid designed it at playschool with lego :lol:

Even the screen is hideous - something a mid 90s script kiddie would have written in an nfo - "ph34R mY l33T h4x0R 5k1LLs :o" :lol:

CLARION-DUB278RMP.jpg

Didn't Clarion used to be a premium brand many years ago?!

That looks like some kid designed it at playschool with lego :lol:

Even the screen is hideous - something a mid 90s script kiddie would have written in an nfo - "ph34R mY l33T h4x0R 5k1LLs :o" :lol:

we like to use the word n00b now :P

Getting fed up with the lack of music in my car now, really must get my act together on this. Will almost certainly get that Pioneer double-din unit (same as Johnboy, not the DVD one).

John, did you get yours fitted yet ?

Im getting fed up without tunes as well.

Mine should be arriving today (tuesday) prob wont get round to fitting it today, but hopefully weds. as soon as its in and road tested i will post some pics :D

yep, all sorted thanks, no interference either.

I have to confess, the problems i had before were with a different head unit, i bought one of those cheap chinese units from e.bay and had loads of problems with it, sent it back and got a refund.

The pioneer was my original choice, and 100 times better, everything fitted correctly first go, and sounds superb.

Now im off to try my steps cd :lol:

This is what ive just bought,its within your budget, its double din, but imo as you have room for a double din i think it looks better that single din

Pioneer

Sweet head unit! Bet that looks sweet installed.

I have a pioneer retro fit iPod module for some Pioneer stereos. Not sure which ones it works with as I was given it to sell. Will dig the part number out and see if its of any use.

inicol, thanks, yes, I think someone else suggested that Kenwood unit. Personally I don't really like the look of it and think the Pioneer one looks a lot better.

I'm definitely getting the Pioneer double-din (same as Johnboy), went to a local car audio place yesterday and told them the sort of prices I've seen on the Internet, waiting for them to get back to me to see if they can get anywhere near that price. So hopefully I'll be ordering one very soon.

Will have to start sorting out prepping the fascia.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links