Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

just bought 1997 LS400 and am very impressed beats several mercs I had in every dept,have two queries re car.1.what are buttons beside auto stick for pwr/norm/ overide/ for?.2.aircon blowing hot on passenger side but cool on drivers when both are at same setting.

regards,

Damien

Hi,

just bought 1997 LS400 and am very impressed beats several mercs I had in every dept,have two queries re car.1.what are buttons beside auto stick for pwr/norm/ overide/ for?.2.aircon blowing hot on passenger side but cool on drivers when both are at same setting.

regards,

Damien

the overide button is to allow you to move the auto stick without the engine being on or depressing the brake pedal to release the solenoid. the norm/pwr button is for the autobox it gives it more of an aggressive shift in ect pwr mode and hangs onto the revs more. dunno about the vents does it have a dual setting and if it does is one side activating properly? have you set it to dual and managed to set both to the same temp?

Thanks for info,tried the dual but still cooler on drivers side.

regards,

Damien

Hi,

regards,

Damien

the overide button is to allow you to move the auto stick without the engine being on or depressing the brake pedal to release the solenoid. the norm/pwr button is for the autobox it gives it more of an aggressive shift in ect pwr mode and hangs onto the revs more. dunno about the vents does it have a dual setting and if it does is one side activating properly? have you set it to dual and managed to set both to the same temp?

Hi,

Welcome to LOC.

The climate control is a bit of a complicated setup with various electrically operated flaps everywhere.

One thing you could try is the pollen filter as this may restrict flow if clogged up and if I remember correctly this is located on the passenger side so you may have more airflow on this side than the drivers side due to the extra ducting distance.

The cheapest ( free) way of finding out if this is the cause is to remove the filter and then try the climate control.

I've been to Dublin,very nice city,very friendly people,loved the Dublin Bay train,can't afford to go again she discovered the big shopping precinct!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links