Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dampers

dazz32

Well im looking to upgrade my springs and dampers....more than likely a FIXED drop on some lowering springs..and also upgrade my shocks/dampers at the same time.....coilovers was an idea but not looking to go really LOOOOWWWW......and well im not going to use my car for track days just normal road driving...?

Ive seen these on Prolex webby...

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...products_id=903

If dave ellen is about maybe he could let me know more about these and advise me on which shocks dampers to get to complement these...?

any helpfull advise or comments would be appreciated.... :)

Hi fella - if you're going to upgrade your shocks I'd personally say you might as well get coilovers - the beauty with coilovers is that basically that they are a spring and shock combo that usually has adjustable height - but you don't have to lower the car that much!

You'd probably find that a coilover that isn't dropped too much is a better ride than a lowering springs & standard shock combo anyway.

I've only been in one car that had the shocks and springs both uprated and that was Zee's Altezza. He had uprated Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs I believe - it rode really nicely indeed - but that combo is pretty much the same as the TTE coilovers but without the height adjustment,

I think TonyGoose has the TTEs and they weren't lowered too much from what I remember. And just looking at those springs I'm sure Chris Shipley had those on his car.

Food for thought mate anyway :)

i agree if your going springs and shocks go for a coilover

so if i was going for the coilover route....what would be the best to go for ( company wise ) looking between £500 - £1000 really...do i not have to worry that the coilovers have or can adjust bump/rebound aswell...as it could get a bit crashy......? i still want the lex quality ride just better control...

The springs, dampers i was looking at originally where EIBACH coil springs and BILSTEIN dampers......but done a google search for some billy`s but cant find any for the IS200...only for the IS300..? mostly from USA.......unless anyone has a linky for where i could get some..?

Any help advise on the set up, what to get ,..look out for, and my options on how good one set is and visa versa and company i.e TEIN , TTE ETC.....dont really know much when it comes to suspension mods...

oh and hopefull to get some arbs aswell...

thank you for all your help...itis gratefully appreciated.... :winky: :D

if going for coilovers, TEIN (with topmounts) come highly recommended Dazz

Hello matey..how are you..? :) yeah Tein Super Street where the one`s i was looking at and ive heard you have to get the Tein Top Mounts aswell...? otherwise KNOCK,Knock,knock......or can you use the hard rubber OEM top mounts.......

Ive seen some TEIN Super Street with top mounts for £740.. think thats a good deal.? or go for EIBACH lowering springs & BILSTEIN dampers for around £550-£600 mark....just out of curiosity does anyone know where i can get some BILSTEIN dampers from in the UK or best place to get them....?.

Mate have you thought about other brands?

Aren't the Tein SS one of their basic models?

You've got companies like HSD doing models equivalent to the Tein Flex for a lot less money? I'm literally going to sleep on it tonight about buying a set of theirs for mine but they're UK based and VERY good feedback ;)

Mate have you thought about other brands?

Aren't the Tein SS one of their basic models?

You've got companies like HSD doing models equivalent to the Tein Flex for a lot less money? I'm literally going to sleep on it tonight about buying a set of theirs for mine but they're UK based and VERY good feedback ;)

Aido have you got the linky for where to get them from.? cheers bud

Yeah sure dude - HSD are the coilovers from the guys who did the Driftworks kit and seem to have a very good rep!

Their site is here:

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/index.php

:)

The ones that you are looking at there are supposed to be on a par with the TEIN Flex!

The guy who owns the company has some on his Aristo like mine - think I'm just going to have to put my money where my mouth is now :lol:

Yeah sure dude - HSD are the coilovers from the guys who did the Driftworks kit and seem to have a very good rep!

Their site is here:

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/index.php

:)

The ones that you are looking at there are supposed to be on a par with the TEIN Flex!

The guy who owns the company has some on his Aristo like mine - think I'm just going to have to put my money where my mouth is now :lol:

Cheers for the linky Aido.. :D i see that Garage-D are a UK distributer of the HSD coilovers...not far from me at all may pop in and have a chat.. :D

Unfortunately so - at the moment my plan is that if they have the rear adjusters on the top then just cut a hole in the boot carpetso I can get at it fairly easily!

Even if it's just cutting a three sided flap it will do me :)

Knowing my luck they'll be adjustable from the bottom :lol:

I was @ WIM today and there was a skyline R34 GTR 4 door ( drifty )on the ramp having its geo done... there was a women in the reception..so i asked little Tony barber who it was ....she was the misses of the man who owns garage-D in watford.. :hehe: ..so had a little chat about the HSD coilovers....so im going to go and speak to the boss one day this week....so i will let you know about the suspension.... B) apparently he`s getting well into the Alteeza`s so looks promising.. :D

Small world eh mate :)

Sounds good, let us know how it goes fella!

Got a feeling I'll be having some of these bad boys fitted next week too!

Yes mate very small world... :) still didnt see santa this year though so cant be that small a world.. :lol: :D yeah no worry`s Aido ill let you know how i get on matey...im just getting the info as whats best and keeping my options open before i spend the bank notes.. :D .

Got a big post in my clipboard to post mate - haven't slammed it as it's too much hassle round here - just two fingers all around between the arch and the top of the tyre.

May reduce it a little though but she handles sweet as a nut mate - started off at the gay setting of 1 which is soft and then by the time I was near home ramped it up to 15 which is the hardest. Still drives lovely but you feel everything in the road - so going to turn it downa bit again tomorrow :)

Got a big post in my clipboard to post mate - haven't slammed it as it's too much hassle round here - just two fingers all around between the arch and the top of the tyre.

May reduce it a little though but she handles sweet as a nut mate - started off at the gay setting of 1 which is soft and then by the time I was near home ramped it up to 15 which is the hardest. Still drives lovely but you feel everything in the road - so going to turn it downa bit again tomorrow :)

Wicked really pleased for you mate.......looks like i may be next... :D