Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Gauges

ok i have decided with defi gauges

boost

oil preessure but what colour do you all think is best i have a thing for blue but i dont think it will be the best in the car how good is the amber match toour standard colour or what about white

if i change the rest of my dials etc to ice white

also do i need a special oil presure plate to go on the car

cheers

Black face with white lights IMHO mate, then change the dash lights to White as well.

Though you can get Red!

i'd go for oil temp over oil pressure mate, theres a dash light for lack of pressure but nothing for high oil temps.

You can get a oil sump adaptor to fit the sensor through for oil temps as well saves on needing a sandwich plate at the filter.

In fact depending on the size of the sender i may already have a sump plug you can have for free to adapt it. Basically you unscrew the sump plug, screw this in, then the sensor through the middle of it.

Stav

ok im about to place the order for the following

Defi Oil temperature

Defi Boost

Both in white

defi control unit

will there be anything else i would need if i was to use the sump adaptor stav is talking about

Just make sure you get the sensors with the gauges mate

There are sensors that go from the Defi Control Unit to the engine - I got ripped when I bought mine and didn't get them for the oil and water temperature!

You can buy them afterwards in that case though :)

The ones I have gone for are on page 107 of the www.Sumex.com on line catalogue, they are silver faces with no power to them and with power they can be any of 7 colours including Lexus orange!! and £65 for 3 gauges (oil temp, pressure and boost to +2 bar, -1 bar) including lots of pipework/Tee's and what not.

All the instructions are in French though!! I am sure one gauge is plumed in the same way as any other, glad I'm not doing it.........

I couldn't stretch to the more expensive/better gauges this time.

what sensors does he need to have with this set up Gord ?

As Adio has just said really, when i was looking, some was cheaper than others, but when i looked further, the cheaper one's had no sensors, each gauge has its own sensor, eg, as with the oil, the sensor that goes into the oil, and so on.

Black face with white lights IMHO mate, then change the dash lights to White as well.

Though you can get Red!

i'd go for oil temp over oil pressure mate, theres a dash light for lack of pressure but nothing for high oil temps.

You can get a oil sump adaptor to fit the sensor through for oil temps as well saves on needing a sandwich plate at the filter.

In fact depending on the size of the sender i may already have a sump plug you can have for free to adapt it. Basically you unscrew the sump plug, screw this in, then the sensor through the middle of it.

Stav

Thats the colour i went for.. with a carbon face.. but i got Blitz gauges! Theres pics of the dash matching the white lights on the gauges in my profile gallery..

ok looks like defi gauges are off my shopping list now due to the price increase

i had looked around and the gauges came it at around the £300 mark which i could handle

but the new price increase sees some items rocketing to over 100% increase

defi link controll unit was £50 ish and now is over £100

disgracefull prices now

so looks like my gauges will have to wait again the cost to buy the 2 gauges and controll unit is almost he same as going to germany i know which i would rather

@ Rabster - I read that on Driftworks last night too!

I'll be selling my Defi's at some point soon - thing is though although I have the full boost gauge including the bit that plumps into the vac pipes I don't have the actual sensors for the water temp and oil temp gauges that I have as well which is a bugger!

i managed to buy all 3 bits i need including sensors new on eBay £380 as opposedto the store prices of just under £500 so i did ok i think just waiting to se if the seller will combine postage as he selling each item plus delievry no combined is listed but i somehow doubtthat 3 items is going to cost 30 quid to deliver lol

Ok well 1 week on and the seller has emailed me stating the following

i can collect the gauges once they come into stock at his place once they are in he will reissue me the invoices

ALTHOUGH

i have just looked on his eBay shop and the prices he is selling the stuff for has now rocketed to £210 per gauge

i have a sneaking suspicion he will be upping my price for the items

here is my dilema

1) no where on the eBay add does it state that he has to import the items 1st

2) when i try emailing his private email they bounce back, but he responds to eBay messages

3) all he will say is lets wait for an ETA from Defi before he sends me over the invoices

i think there not going to materialize

i have now been looking ta other gaues and came accross BLITZ MD gauges

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-176.aspx

what are peoples opinions of these do they need a controller doesnt say they do on the site so thought i would ask you guys

it also says mechanical but they says all sensors and wiring is included

confused

Rabs