Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My IS220D had its last service from the dealer i bought it off(not a lexus dealer) at 26000 miles. It now has 39000 miles so its time for a service. It is still under warranty (Nov 06) and i am wondering whats the best thing to do to get it serviced. Is a local mechanic with a good rep. ok or would anyone out there reckon it has to go to a lexus dealer?(which aint gonna be cheap) A mate has a BMW and he says he never has this problem cos the servive his whilst under warranty and deliver a nice courtesy car as well!!!

My IS220D had its last service from the dealer i bought it off(not a lexus dealer) at 26000 miles. It now has 39000 miles so its time for a service. It is still under warranty (Nov 06) and i am wondering whats the best thing to do to get it serviced. Is a local mechanic with a good rep. ok or would anyone out there reckon it has to go to a lexus dealer?(which aint gonna be cheap) A mate has a BMW and he says he never has this problem cos the servive his whilst under warranty and deliver a nice courtesy car as well!!!

If you want to keep your warranty, you can use any VAT Reg garage to do the service for you, using Genuine lexus parts :D

You've actually overshot your service interval by 3000 miles...the fact that it needs a service every 10k does not mean 10k, 20k, 30k and so on. It's 10k from the last service!!

In asnwer to your question, just buy the parts (filters etc) from your local lexus shop and take it to a good Indy...keep all your receipts!!