Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving In The Snow

now i know the lex is RWD so its not meant to be great in the snow, but is it meant to be shockingly bad??? i felt like i had absolutely no control at all and snow mode did jack :tsktsk: !! I felt like pullin over n walkin to work!!

Search and you will see this is a common complaint. :crybaby: I once got stuck on the smallest of inclines with a baby in the back they are rubbish in the snow.

I must admit 2 days ago there was barely an inch of snow lol an the car still wasnt great, but I am prepared now Snow mode on & driving at 5mph it got to off my housing estate, not gritted at all could not believe it & onto the main roads which were totally fine. If it was worse weather & I was goin on anything quicker than 30 I'd probably stayed at home, but I was happy to go very slow just to be safe on this occassion & the car worked well enough. Traction light constantly flashing of course lol

Imagine a month and a half ago I woke up and saw at least 20cm of fresh snow with my summer tyres - Pirelli P-Zero Nero 215/45/17.

That was a total crap I could not even leave my parking and drifted on every curve, but it got much,much better when I put on winter tyres - 205/50/16''

now i know the lex is RWD so its not meant to be great in the snow, but is it meant to be shockingly bad??? i felt like i had absolutely no control at all and snow mode did jack :tsktsk: !! I felt like pullin over n walkin to work!!

summer tyres combined with cold and some snow isnt best and u have nearly no grip at all as normal tyres go hard below 7C

i loved it in the snow, and ice....being having fun...

it the driver not the car :tomato:

Me too i think its great in the snow you just need to drive accordingly. There is no need to drive a 5 mph just feel what the car is doing correct as you go she handles beautifully.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this out on newyears days, I stopped at my mate on a very slight incline and was stuck for 10 mins!

I was trying to reverse but it would not budge, had to get my mates to push me as i feathered the throttle. does snow button work in reverse? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links