Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vortex Exhausts

shake

Hi folks..

http://www.vortex-performance-exhausts.co.uk/

done a quick search on the forums and there is not a single thread about them.

they seem to be proven to reduce gasses and improve power.

i've seen (well heard) a few cars with them fitted and seriously sound great at full chat

just wanted some opinions on them...? some other forums, (landrover, mini) have flamed the idea to hell.

Some bold clames there. I am thinking my janspeed may not be up to the 3sgte conversion, so if there is gains to be had I may look into Vortex further.

However I thought an engine needed back presure to work properly??

Quote:

A Vortex ExhaustTM is better than a free-flowing stainless steel exhaust

The Vortex ExhaustTM Resonator is the best exhaust technology there is for power. It gives serious gains that free-flowing stainless steel exhaust or titanium exhausts can’t give. Whereas a Vortex exhaust can often give between 10 and 20 per cent improvement in power and torque free-flowing exhaust systems generally only deliver one or two per cent improvement, sometimes compromising power or torque.

The only place I saw good reviews was on the Scooby site but I don't know if that's a Vortex brand exhaust or purely another brand that just happens to also have the Vortex effect - the place selling those is based near East Midlands Airport I think - J23 of the M1?

They just never backed up their claims on other sites.

i think the scooby lot like another brand which just happens to use the word vortex... Afterburner Vortex Exhaust or something, which is actually the rear can, where as this is a unit that goes into the system (be it acting as a rear can or in the mid section)

here are some videos

they sound great at high revs, but not over the top at low revs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links