Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring Diagram For Stereo

Aweb

I have a kenwood headunit in at the moment. behind the cabling is a mess as its just been spliced together!

I need to get hold of a wiring diagram which says what colour cables do what (not for the kenwood). The loom cables are also very short how would you recommend extending them?

Ideally i want to extend the cables and then fit some sort of ISO block connector so in the future if i want to change my stereo its not a PITA!

I was thinking of getting this to splice this to the wiring loom on the altezza... Toyota ISO Harness

You need to look beside the glove box.

If theres an amp looking thing down the side you need the amp by pass lead instead.

Look in the main audio section its been covered lots of times.

Stav

thanks!

but what i want to know is what colour wires are exactly what so when i'm splicing them together properly with an ISO harness i know what's what.

e.g. what colour the rear right and rear left speaker cables are, so on and so forth!

i'll double check if i have the amp everyone goes on about but as far as i know if its there its not in use. I'll know more at the weekend when i sort out my aerial reception (dont think the aerial amplifier is quite working...)

I was having a fiddle behind the radio as I hadn't wired up the +12 Radio Amplifier cable! which incedently has fixed my poor radio reception problem!

I think what i'll be able to do is buy a Toyota MR2 (or similar i think) ISO wiring harness which i'll be able to chop so I can splice it into the wiring loom! What i think i'll have to do is splice it together the hard way buy disconnecting each cable one by one and connecting to the correct pin on the wiring loom.

I dont know if I have an amp but that's not in use anyway if its there! i might double check that tomorrow.

I might take some piccies so I can show the mess of whats behind the radio :)

thanks for all help so far :D