Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rad Coolant

just a quick question.

...gonna change the rad on my is300 and am gonna supply the garage with Toyota/Lexus coolant. But how much will i have told them to flush out the old and put new coolant in as its never been changed.

thanks

just a quick question.

...gonna change the rad on my is300 and am gonna supply the garage with Toyota/Lexus coolant. But how much will i have told them to flush out the old and put new coolant in as its never been changed.

thanks

I think it is 1 Gallon (4.5L)

I am sure someone will correct me though if I am wrong!!

Toyota sell 2 types firstly there is red or green. Lexus takes red as far as i know mine does a 2005 is 200 and a friend of mines does a 2000 is200 also there is one type which is for top up pre mixed and another for a new rad which is neat and would need to be mixed but im not sure what the ratio is.

Toyota sell 2 types firstly there is red or green. Lexus takes red as far as i know mine does a 2005 is 200 and a friend of mines does a 2000 is200 also there is one type which is for top up pre mixed and another for a new rad which is neat and would need to be mixed but im not sure what the ratio is.

Actually 3 different types, Red, Green and Pink. They have different lifespans. Pink is the latest and I thought installed from around 2005 onwards. This lasts 60,000 to 100,000 miles depending on country.

I've been told that older models can safely use the newer pink coolant. You should see a cost saving over a few years by using the pink and also better for the environment.

If you get your vehicle serviced by a dealer just make sure they don't follow the standard coolant replacement intervals.