Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Random Accident - Not For The Faint Hearted

Ellz

Well a couple of weeks before xmas dad went out for a works night out. He never drinks too much as he hates hangovers. Anyway he gets in at 3 ish as we're almost always the last drop off in the taxi. At about 6.30 am he needs a wee a gets up, still half asleep going from the carpet to tiles bathroom floor he trips.

Now what is one of the most unassuming objects that all of us have many of in our house ????????

As he hit the ground and a massive flood of blood started to cover the floor he quickly grabbed a towel, mum jumped up after hearing the thud and rushed to his aid. A quick call of 999 and off to hospital.

Anyone guessed the object yet ????

Well the very unlucky fall sent my Dad straight for our bathroom door handle which slipped nicely into his mouth and ripped his lip a fair inch or more. Kinda chelsea smile but lower. I wasnt in but saw him that morning at 10ish and shocked doesnt justify my reaction. The metal door handle is pretty bent and the hook on the back of the door has been bent double from slamming against the cupboard.

Anyway before you see the photos just to let you know hes all fine and the scar is very thin and cant be seen under his beard which he is fasioning at the moment.

First photo not for the faint hearted

In the hospital laying on his back pretty drugged up. Mum said when he was standing the lower lip flapped down to his chin showing all his teeth and gums.

DSCN1891.jpg

At home after being stitched up

DSCN1892.jpg

Rank close up

dscn1895.jpg

Only 1 week later stitched were out and this is him on holiday over xmas and you cant really see it.

D2X_0062.jpg

People at the hospital said that they see all kinds of random accidents but this was a first for them. Anyone else had anything like this happen to them or someone they know ?

whoah,thats a good one.

im glad hes ok a few years ago i was playing rugby and went in for a tackle but the guy was a tank and i had no chance of ever stopping him,as i landed on the floor his boot came up and smashed me in the mouth,little did i know until a few moments after that his stud had gone through my bottom lip and that i now had a small hole.

it was quite funny in the bar after after a few pints i noticed my shirt was wet,it was the beer seeping through my lip :sick:

That is amazing how quick that scar is disappearing! Glad he's ok fella!!

Worst I did was years ago in 99 - fell down a flight of stairs that had the metal edges on and landed full force right between where the coccyx and lumbar spine meet - was drunk at the time too!

Couldn't drive for six months with that but I found it quite amusing - was just as PS2 came out along with the modchip so I just hammered that for months before I went back to work :D

Oh aye and more in relation to your dad giving himself a Chelsea smile when I was 20 I was on a stag do and we were messing around on these wooden benches like you had at school and someone managed to flip it over when I was on it. Went flying and all I was bothered about was not spilling my beer - ended up kneecapping myself - both knees :lol:

That was ace as it took ages to heal and I could put my finger on my kneecap and it would separate and you could feel the stuff underneath!!

Guest inicol63

Hi that must of bloody hurt glad that your dad recovering, with a little sun later in the year the scar will disappear.

Some of you will know that seven years ago i nearly lost my leg when i was go karting, it has left me disabled.

What ever happens out there, always remember that there are other's that are worse off....

What ever happens out there, always remember that there are other's that are worse off....

Too true mate, and a lot of people seem to forget that sometimes!

You know those kitchen knives you get with serrated edges and two sharp prongs on the end? Well about 1/2 an hour ago I was putting the cutlery away but some of it was scattered everywhere, so I went to move it back and caught my finger on a prong of the big kitchen knive. Of course natural reaction was to jerk back and get my hand out because I didn't know what happened - ouch! It's stopped bleeding now but you can see a dark line beneath the skin where the cut is deep!

But that's nothing compared to the above, scary stuff.

Ouch! Glad he is on the mend - it could have been worse if it had gone into his eye socket.

In my early days as a telecom engineer I was repairing a telephone box link with another one of the lads.

Some kids came past and threw a banger into the box. In his rush to get out he slipped and his screwdriver went right into his eyesocket and out of the side of his face. He lost the eye but was lucky it went that way. That was ugly. His screams were unmerciful.

My Dad had a fall not so long ago on his outside step. It looks like he's had a good hiding. He is fine now.

dad.jpg

omg im not good with blood stuff thats awfull :ohmy: but glad hes on the mend

I slit my wrist when i was pregnant & was very lucky got a nice scar 2 remind me :blush:

& my nana did similar 2 Geoffers dad u could hardly recognise her & it didnt end well :crybaby: