Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone In The Mobile Phone Business

Fargo

i am..

this is an orange badged htc tytn

This 'should' have all you need.. have unlocked a few htc devices in the past and they all went ok. normally have to install active sync on your pc, put the devuice into boot mode then upload the new OS. Basically a complete software flash. would say its a 3/5 for difficulty

xda dev forum

good luck with windows mobile if you do this.. have found it to be quite buggy but let us know how you get on with it. I would be interested in seeing what its like in day 2 day use..

thanks all.

looking to replace my Iphone, and got used to the touchscreen interface, still will be keeping the o2 contract so again need something that will make use of the unlimited data, aswell as nice diary interface... oh and MMS lol

if someone would like to do a deal with me on swopping then im open..

thanks all.

looking to replace my iphone, and got used to the touchscreen interface, still will be keeping the o2 contract so again need something that will make use of the unlimited data, aswell as nice diary interface... oh and MMS lol

Bored of it already fella? What you looking to swap it for mate?

6 Pitta breads and a tub of cottage cheese do :lol:

We had a load of these at work but the guy who runs the phones is as anal as you get otherwise I'd sneak one out that's not being used!

Hope you're ok buddy anyway!

thanks all.

looking to replace my iphone, and got used to the touchscreen interface, still will be keeping the o2 contract so again need something that will make use of the unlimited data, aswell as nice diary interface... oh and MMS lol

theres lots windows mobile pda's available, just do a search on gsm arena then have a look on eBay, I have samsung onmia at the moment, it is unbranded and works fine with o2, but the touch screens on windows mobiles aren't quite like i-phones...

I used to have a T-Mobile Vario II and now have a HTC Touch Diamond. I quite like the Windows Mobile interface and I'm really pleased with the TOuch Diamond so far. Clear screen, very thin and light phone.

I used to have a T-Mobile Vario II and now have a HTC Touch Diamond. I quite like the Windows Mobile interface and I'm really pleased with the TOuch Diamond so far. Clear screen, very thin and light phone.

I have the touch diamond too, and think it's a great phone once flashed with a third part ROM. Only problem I have is that sometimes it accidently answers or rejects incoming calls when in my pocket, because the touch screen activates when a call comes in. Anyone else have this problem???

Fargo im just about to head into town and try and a wide array of phones, HTC Touch HD - SE X1 - T mobiles G1 and whatever else catches my eye. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ive also got that omnia on eBay, its pretty decent phone. If you wnat me to try any phone out to give u my account of what its like let me know in the next 15 mins as then i'll be leaving.

bit late ellz, but let me know what you find..

Well had ago on the SE X1 it was pretty nice alot smaller than i thought it would be. My mate had most of the time on it as he's looking at getting one, which after his go on it he is. The touch screen was nice the "cards" screen was a nice touch you can edit them to have which ever 9 you want. The keyboard was quite nice but a little small for my big hands.

Went on the G1 as well and i must say i was bloody impressed. The touch screen is really good almost on par with the Iphone. The speed that the thing works is really good and you can have more than 1 program open. keyboard is nice one thing though is get the black one and the white one in bright light the keyboard is a bit hard to see as the backing light is white as well. I agree it does feel a bit plasticy and bulky but for overal use i like it.

Did manage to get ago on a HTC Touch HD which is a pain in the arse, but i think i'll be going with the G1 at the moment, as i can get a really good deal on a 12 month contract which means i can get a new phone in 8-10 months.

just been looking at the specs for the G1, Touch HD and Touch 3G.

G1 just blew it due to poor reviews, lack of features and no 3G.

Touch HD looks good, but no 3G.

Touch 3G hosever, looooking good..

What can be done by way of hacks for the touch, also how is it unlocked..

I have the link somewhere, xda developers forum is what you are after, much techno geeky stuff

regarding PDA's goes on there, different ROM's to flash devices with etc plus software stuff on

ppc warez (but naughty cracked stuff so enter & use at entirely your own risk)

second post mate.

:D

just been looking at the specs for the G1, Touch HD and Touch 3G.

G1 just blew it due to poor reviews, lack of features and no 3G.

Touch HD looks good, but no 3G.

Touch 3G hosever, looooking good..

What can be done by way of hacks for the touch, also how is it unlocked..

G1 is 3G the one i used yesterday was.

Im 99% sure the Touch HD is 3G aswell.

Wozza nothing wrong with it i just didnt get a chance to have ago on one.

The more i look into the G1 the more i like it. As long as your not after a sexy phone i think it could be a good option for the Iphone. It does alot of stuff, and you can get it on a 12 month contract for £35 a month with "web and walk plus" which allows 3 gig of data transfer (Note web and walk only allows 1 gig)

more i look into it the more i liek the HTC phones..

not after a new contract as im stuck with 18month O2, so am looking at gettinghold of an ulocked phone, so the phone needs to make use of my unlimited data..