Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

This isn't an advert so not breaking rules! Just need a bit of advice for what you would say my 1990 LS400 might be worth so I can put a reasonable minimum value on it when posted on eBay. 154,000 on clock; reasonable condition run it daily, have my own service record over 4 years. What you think?

Grateful for any opinions.

Cheers,

JM

To be honest the way things are at the moment you may struggle to sell it purely due to the fact that a lot of buyers are being put off by the large engine size.

I'm seeing Aristo's go for silly money (read too cheap) as are Supras and other cars which are three litres and above.

May be worth saying what you'd like and then we can say whether to expect more or less?

The lads on the Aristo site were pricing up a GS of a newer age and think they settled at a few hundred quid for that!

Hi ,

If its good, single point gas it(lpg) & keep it, be as cheap to run as a corolla. they are going for buttons at the moment & when you sell it with a gas conversion you are much more likley to sell it for a reasonable price.

A 1990 with 150k is only going to make £500 max if you want to sell it in todays market.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Thanks guys, I know it's not the time for large cars but anyone who has enjoyed an LS is ( as I am ) reluctant to move it on - problem is retirement forces me to do so. If it were to get £500 I'd be pleased - 6 good tyres with it are worth nearly that! It's not been converted,but last run it had to France in July got me 29MPG at a steady 80mph over 600 miles so it's not too bad!

Well, I'll give it a go on eBay this week see what happens.

Cheers,

JM

Hi Guys,

This isn't an advert so not breaking rules! Just need a bit of advice for what you would say my 1990 LS400 might be worth so I can put a reasonable minimum value on it when posted on EBAY. 154,000 on clock; reasonable condition run it daily, have my own service record over 4 years. What you think?

Grateful for any opinions.

Cheers,

JM

Hi, just bought trade in from lexus dealer 112k miles full lexus history, needs nothing, paid £1600, it is mint, not a scratch or a mark-very happy

if people are reluctant so BUY LS400s then they certainly are reluctent to sell them as well. I am on the lookout for an ls430 and have seen the number on sale fall from 170 odd cars to just 130 on autotrader. And many of these are high mileage cars which have been stuck at dealers overpriced.

Few months ago a MK4 with 180K went for under £1k - a similar car is on there at just under £5k......................... and its still there. an ls430 priced at £5k has been there a good month and still there!