Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Things .... (probably Stirring Up A 'hornet's Nest)!

1. I would just like to say, as a mere female IS owner-driver, how useful and informative this site is. I hadn't realised how much there was I didn't know that I didn't know :duh: !!!

The email topics are, mainly, really interesting B) ! However, I do get boggled from time to time and haven't a clue what some of you are talking about re the different add-ons, add-ins, add-anywhere's :blink:

But - topics on cam-belts, tyres, batteries, RWD-driving and useful topics like these are invaluable, thank you very much indeed :)

2. I have to say that you 'blokes' do get carried away with all things mechanical, don't you :hehe: ? Where on earth do you find the amount of time (and cash) that you seem to spend fiddling/tweaking/loving your cars :tsktsk: ?????

I usually work about 10-12 hours a day, then go home and start all over again! I just cannot fathom how you guys manage to spend so much time on your 'toys'?

I look forward to some interesting responses to this 'female-view' message :tomato:

ha ha i understand what you mean, but here is an idea of how my day works and my female housemates work

We both get up at same time, we both go to work, we both come back, (this is where men and women differ) she goes and gets her tea on and the sits down for about 4/5 hours watching eastenders or corrie or whatever other tripe there is on the tele at that time, where as i check the post box to see if i had a new car toy, log onto LOC to find out how to fit it, then spend the next few hours fitting it. Then we both go to bed!

Such is life ha ha

I usually work about 10-12 hours a day, then go home and start all over again! I just cannot fathom how you guys manage to spend so much time on your 'toys'?

That's because although we work similar hours in the daytime to earn our keep - when we do get home we make the women clean and cook our tea and we get the time to play around :P

You should try a role swap with your partner and see how much more free time you get :lol:

And then spend my weekends/evenings on her as well.

Now you're either talking very literally about how often your fiancee gets some or you're saying you spend a lot of time on the car :lol:

Guest inicol63

Us guys are naturally good looking so no make up that 20 min a day.

We go to one shop for our clothes not the whole high street / shopping complex another saving of 5 hours a week normally Saturday

We spend a fraction of the time woman do on the phone we get another 3 hours a week there.

Trips to the hairdresser for high lights / low lights around 40 ave a week.

Watching TV well what shall we say 2 hours per evening.

I guess adding that to you lovely creatures cooking our dinner doing our washing so on so on.

Would I change you ladies for my car?

Depends if I can PX the woman every few years for a new no moaning model:lol:

Still we love you creature really and nice to have another lady on this site taking part :rolleyes:

See how much more fun you have on here than watching Eastenders and the likes.

Ian

Ian - there's a scary trend nowadays where blokes are taking longer than women to get ready due to having to straighten their hair and stuff!

It's like when I go out with the lads - a hardcore few of us are always there at the time we say - say for example 9pm. A couple of the others who like to straighten their hair and so on don't turn up until nearly 11pm - all that drinking time wasted!

I thought most men spent all there time on there cars to get away from there misses.... :winky: :crybaby::lol: OOHHHH dear hope the misses dont read this.... :lol: :P

Na seriously the way i see it is that we are all passionate about our cars and well thank god LOC is about and there are some very informative people on here..and people that are more than willing to help everyone out.... :D

LOC is a top site... :)

ha ha i understand what you mean, but here is an idea of how my day works and my female housemates work

We both get up at same time, we both go to work, we both come back, (this is where men and women differ) she goes and gets her tea on and the sits down for about 4/5 hours watching eastenders or corrie or whatever other tripe there is on the tele at that time, where as i check the post box to see if i had a new car toy, log onto LOC to find out how to fit it, then spend the next few hours fitting it. Then we both go to bed!

Such is life ha ha

hmmmmm - well, for a start I'm a widow (so I can't even afford to sit at home all day enjoying myself or tinkering with my car); however, I do not watch Eastenders, Corrie or any other soap; I just work very hard! Who does the cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, looking after the children etc, etc in your house :question: ???

Still, I suppose us females know where our menfolk (those of us who have a 'manfolk' that is) are, when they're playing with their toy cars :whistling: :winky:

I thought most men spent all there time on there cars to get away from there misses.... :winky: :crybaby::lol: OOHHHH dear hope the misses dont read this.... :lol: :P

Na seriously the way i see it is that we are all passionate about our cars and well thank god LOC is about and there are some very informative people on here..and people that are more than willing to help everyone out.... :D

Yes, you're right, and I have been very glad of the helpful suggestions made when I've had queries - it just seems that you all take your cars so very seriously. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lexus, but it's not THE love of my life :winky:

You're a great lot of 'blokes', I just think that some of you go just that tiny little bit OTT :winky:

Sorry to hear about your circumstances there!

I have to admit though I've got time on here at the minute as I'm off work - I'll be back in a few weeks and if it's like normal a lot of the time I get in from work about midnight - sleep quick and then back off first thing in the morning so end up cleaning at the weekend! No time for cooking although I do find it strange as there's a few people living in the house opposite and they'll be up all night cooking in the kitchen stirring a massive pot - unless they're making something more interesting of course!

Ian - there's a scary trend nowadays where blokes are taking longer than women to get ready due to having to straighten their hair and stuff!

It's like when I go out with the lads - a hardcore few of us are always there at the time we say - say for example 9pm. A couple of the others who like to straighten their hair and so on don't turn up until nearly 11pm - all that drinking time wasted!

I know quite a few 'metrosexual' men who are often late, just as you say!

Mind you I'm not a drinker, in fact a bit of lightweight in that direction, which could be a good thing as I want to hang on to my liver as long as I can, tee hee! :whistling: So your remark re 'wasting drinking time' doesn't wash :blush: Wasting time in general, though, does get my goat :duh: hahahaha!

Such is life ha ha

hmmmmm - well, for a start I'm a widow (so I can't even afford to sit at home all day enjoying myself or tinkering with my car); however, I do not watch Eastenders, Corrie or any other soap; I just work very hard! Who does the cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, looking after the children etc, etc in your house :question: ???

Still, I suppose us females know where our menfolk (those of us who have a 'manfolk' that is) are, when they're playing with their toy cars :whistling: :winky:

I also work very hard, 6 days a week. I appreciate i dont have children to look after so yes i have more time for that reason, but i do my own cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking. Men have the ability to do things is a short amount of time rather then spending hours on the same job, leaving time for more enjoyable things..... like cars :P!

Metrosexual - that word makes me laugh - we have another word for it up here but if I was to use it I'd get banned :lol: A mate of mine is definitely one of them, but he took it too far the other week when he asked me if I knew where he could buy fishnet gloves for him to wear when he came out with us :o

It's all Jean Paul Gautier's fault for launching makeup for men and getting them all addicted to moisturiser :D

I'm also a lightweight drinker at the moment - I used to be up there but nowadays I'm just too old for it! Although saying that I can't wait to have a drink but it's looking like it'll be March so I'm counting down the days :)

The best thing I ever tried for time keeping was shaving my head - I looked an absolute looney but I'd always be early for everything as it's so easy to get ready :lol: It's always tempting when you go to the hairdressers - "oh a number one please"!

Us guys are naturally good looking so no make up that 20 min a day.

We go to one shop for our clothes not the whole high street / shopping complex another saving of 5 hours a week normally Saturday

We spend a fraction of the time woman do on the phone we get another 3 hours a week there.

Trips to the hairdresser for high lights / low lights around 40 ave a week.

Watching TV well what shall we say 2 hours per evening.

I guess adding that to you lovely creatures cooking our dinner doing our washing so on so on.

Would I change you ladies for my car?

Depends if I can PX the woman every few years for a new no moaning model:lol:

Still we love you creature really and nice to have another lady on this site taking part :rolleyes:

See how much more fun you have on here than watching Eastenders and the likes.

Ian

This is real fighting talk! I don't take 20 minutes to apply make-up, nor do I spend hours on the phone (in fact I'm glad not to use the phone in the evenings after spending much work time using it); I can't afford to go to the hairdressers (I have a Lexus to maintain), however, I do like shopping for clothes (rarely, as I can't afford many of them due to my mode of transport!) and I only watch TV occasionally - far too busy cleaning, cooking, washing, gardening getting the Lex cleaned, filling her up with petrol, etc, etc, etc....! :hehe:

Have you noticed that we women only 'moan' when you men ignore us or 'forget' to do the little tasks we sometimes ask of you? :whistling:

We wouldn't be without you guys either, but sometimes we can feel left out, or second best when it comes to the motor :winky:

The best thing I ever tried for time keeping was shaving my head - I looked an absolute looney but I'd always be early for everything as it's so easy to get ready :lol: It's always tempting when you go to the hairdressers - "oh a number one please"!

with you on that one! brought me a set of clippers a few months back to save money! bald is beautiful lol

1. I would just like to say, as a mere female IS owner-driver, how useful and informative this site is. I hadn't realised how much there was I didn't know that I didn't know :duh: !!!

The email topics are, mainly, really interesting B) ! However, I do get boggled from time to time and haven't a clue what some of you are talking about re the different add-ons, add-ins, add-anywhere's :blink:

But - topics on cam-belts, tyres, batteries, RWD-driving and useful topics like these are invaluable, thank you very much indeed :)

2. I have to say that you 'blokes' do get carried away with all things mechanical, don't you :hehe: ? Where on earth do you find the amount of time (and cash) that you seem to spend fiddling/tweaking/loving your cars :tsktsk: ?????

I look forward to some interesting responses to this 'female-view' message :tomato:

Err we like female IS owners :winky: cars are 2nd love after the females :winky:

You should try turning up at a meet one day, then if you have any questions that you need to know, us men will help you :D

I'm far too old for that malarky - you'd wonder why the old granny was there - hahahaha! But it was a nice suggestion, thanks. I just get the impression from reading all the emails that your cars come first, second and third followed somewhat lamely by us poor old females.... :crybaby:

with you on that one! brought me a set of clippers a few months back to save money! bald is beautiful lol

A mate of mine once went onto Central Weekend Live for that very topic - that women prefer bald men! They picked him up from home, gave him booze on the way there so you can imagine how that show turned out :D

I'm far too old for that malarky - you'd wonder why the old granny was there - hahahaha! But it was a nice suggestion, thanks. I just get the impression from reading all the emails that your cars come first, second and third followed somewhat lamely by us poor old females.... :crybaby:

Not first, second and third - it's not all cars - you forgot going out with the lads and football :P

And don't worry Dave Ellen and Barrie always go to meets so they're always the oldest - you'd be like a spring chicken next to those two :lol:

More fighting talk! You know you couldn't really do without us ladies and we couldn't do without you men. :winky:

It's brilliant to be passionate about something, I just get the feeling sometimes (as I said in another reply) that you sometimes go just a tiny weeny little bit OTT :hehe:

Not first, second and third - it's not all cars - you forgot going out with the lads and football :P

And don't worry Dave Ellen and Barrie always go to meets so they're always the oldest - you'd be like a spring chicken next to those two :lol:

ooops! silly me, of course I forgot the mates and the footie! :lol:

Well im only 20 i still live at home, even though i work the same hours as you i can esure you that evenings and weekends provide more than enough time to play with your car. However as you so rightly pointed out i dont have to look after kids and tidy the house, but i do do my washing and ironing which takes a few hours a week even thoose these could be better used on the car hehe. The rest of my free time is spent with friends, washing my car, fitting things to my car, polishing my car, looking at new polishes and cleaning products for my car and also washing my car again lol. And all the lovely people on loc make me feel less alone as there are others that are just as ocd about cars as me. Before loc i would have thought i was the only one lol