Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player...help!

Had a bit of a hiccup...

Got fed up of the 'error-1' message on the standard 6 CD changer so decided to buy a new JVC CD Player from a friend. After fitting the Facia adaptor I went to plug the CD player in...and oops, the plug wouldn't go into the back of it and id forgotten to buy the connection adaptor.

So I went to Halfords and the guy had a look at it and rang round a few people, he said they didn't make connection adaptors for my type of plug and car, and suggested I took a trip up the road to the Lexus dealer to see if they sold them.

But Lexus said they don't do connection adaptors because they expect you to use their own CD player, and the only way I'll be able to get this wired in is by re-wiring it back from the amplifier behind the glove box. Which he offered to do for 1200 quid.

Iv tried doing a forum search to see if anyones had the same problem before but it isn't working at the moment.

Is there any cheap way of doing this or should i just forget about it and sell on the CD player and stick to standard??

Brilliant, so its not as bad as Halfords and Lexus are making out then!.

To be honest I was gonna come home and have a look on the forums before i went to see the main dealer because i knew id probably find an answer that doesnt involve 4 figure prices :lol:

Cheers lads, il have a look on eBay now

...i knew id probably find an answer that doesnt involve 4 figure prices :lol:

I think it's something like this you're after:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-is200-se-sport...%3A1|240%3A1318

The bad news though - is that it does involve a four figure price :(

The good news - is that there's a decimal place in the middle of them though :D

...i knew id probably find an answer that doesnt involve 4 figure prices :lol:

I think it's something like this you're after:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-is200-se-sport...%3A1|240%3A1318

The bad news though - is that it does involve a four figure price :(

The good news - is that there's a decimal place in the middle of them though :D

:lol: £1165 cheaper aswell :P . nice one!, i'll order one now.. cheers mate!

Mate hang on til someone here can confirm that's 100% what you want as don't want go be telling you to get the wrong one because of me!

It does sound right though :)

Don't worry, haven't got the money to buy it just yet because iv just bought the CD player and I got the other halfs mams 40th this weekend....so its gonna have to wait a week because i'll be needing some drink money and havent got a clue on gift ideas yet :lol:... I've put it on my watch items list though put ill have another check next week incase a cheaper one gets listed,

Cheers guys