Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Using Ecu From As200 In Is200

aido

I've just been thinking after reading e-Dik's thread about piggyback ECU - would it not be possible to lift an ECU from an Altezza AS200 and use it in an IS200 or is there more to it than that? I'm assuming the loom connectors are all the same?

Would the ECU then start expecting to see figures in KMs and try to display in KMs or is that all dealt with elsewhere? Also is there a difference in the CAT layouts?

Was just thinking if it was feasible it could be a cheaper way of gaining a few BHP rather than using a piggyback ECU - guess you'd just have to make sure you ran the car on higher grade fuel?

I've just been thinking after reading e-Dik's thread about piggyback ECU - would it not be possible to lift an ECU from an Altezza AS200 and use it in an IS200 or is there more to it than that? I'm assuming the loom connectors are all the same?

Would the ECU then start expecting to see figures in KMs and try to display in KMs or is that all dealt with elsewhere? Also is there a difference in the CAT layouts?

Was just thinking if it was feasible it could be a cheaper way of gaining a few BHP rather than using a piggyback ECU - guess you'd just have to make sure you ran the car on higher grade fuel?

it should work.....cant see there being much of a gain though

My only thoughts behind it mate were for the folk who want to put a piggyback on their NA cars - they don't seem to gain much so was just wondering if this was a cheaper alternative with about the same outcome?

I expect the only difference would be it would be mapped for 100RON fuel. Is the AS200 specd as having more power than the IS200? I've seen some claims of 160bhp but I just assumed it was just the 153 rounded up.

What about the alarm/imob side of things :question:

If they would be anything like mine I assume it would probably be VOBD as opposed to OBD-II - even though it has the relevant OBD-II connection my ECU doesn't talk in that protocol.

This isn't anything I was thinking about trying, just wondered if it would be a cheaper option for those wanting to get a little more power out of their cars without a lot of cost but like Gord has mentioned with the alarm, it may be the foreign ECU would then need aftermarket security which throws this idea out the window :lol: