Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Or Chrome Knob?

Early SE autos have a leather gearstick - do you auto drivers prefer this to the silver chrome ball gearstick like on the manuals and later autos?

In reviews people have said that the ball can easily come off (I've never had this issue) but in cold weather the ball can become very cold - it's good I suppose autos can be left in D for most of the time!

I took the chrome one off in my IS and replaced it for a leather TRD one which I definitely preferred!

In fact that reminds me I've got a really nice TRD one for an auto kicking about somewhere - will see if it fits my car now!

The original leather one suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked BIG TIME !!!!!

It was the only (& I do mean only) mod I had planned when I bought my car :shutit:

I have this one in mine (Richbrook Touring)

RickbrookAlloyGearknob.jpg

It has a little Lexus Logo I had on the top :)

What is the TRD one like ? Never seen one for an auto, if it don't fit let me know mate :winky:

This is it pal - was supposed to be for a manual but it didn't fit :

trd_leatherknob.jpg

Think it's more for the MR2 or something? Was years ago I bought that - gotta find it!

I've got the dark blue wood and leather one in mine at the minute, I love that!

This is it pal - was supposed to be for a manual but it didn't fit :

trd_leatherknob.jpg

Think it's more for the MR2 or something? Was years ago I bought that - gotta find it!

I've got the dark blue wood and leather one in mine at the minute, I love that!

would that trd on fit on my is200 manual? you selling it?

It didn't fit my IS200 manual to be honest fella.

Will try and turf it out and see if it fits what I've got now as that's an Auto - in fact it's prob got a part number so it'll tell me what it's for!

I hated mine so much when i first got the car not only did i think it was tacky it was a horrible gear knob to use it just didnt fit the hand. Anyway i replaced it with this leather one from a 2008 Ford Mondeo which i bought from a dealer for just £5 bargin and it even has the right gate on the top.

Gearknob053.jpg

Gearknob055.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality photos took them with my phone

So what you saying mate, that you have a Knob that you dont know what to do with it :whistling:

PMSL - I know what to do with that one thank you :P

Just this TRD one I'm stuck with :lol:

Mine is a manual and has the chrome gear knob. I love it, and am actually kind of shocked that anyone doesn't like it. Each to their own though, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff ! :D

My car came with a badly scuffed chrome shifter. So I first changed it for a small leather TRD one.

It was more practical and comfortable to use, but I just didn't think it suited the interior of the car, and I decided the chrome one was the one that Lexus intended, so bought a new one of those and have had that ever since. I prefer it now.