Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Size Should I Go For

Hi ya guys been looking at alloy whels packages as my standard wheels are totally ******** need powdered coated plus i need 4 new tyres.... Some good deals out there right now but dont know what will look better 17 or 18 inch rims....

last time i was looking at 18 inch rims i was told by shop that they will rub on the back if the car has a full back seat is this TRUE ?

18" rims were a factory option on the car, so shouldn't be a problem.

I agree 18" should be fine with the correct offset.

I'm not sure 18" were a factory option, more of a Lexus GB option. They do the same on the GS sport and don't alter the geometry to take into account the wheel differences :ohmy:

I'm not sure 18" were a factory option, more of a Lexus GB option. They do the same on the GS sport and don't alter the geometry to take into account the wheel differences :ohmy:

Shame they don't pay Tony Bones a consultancy fee to give them correct settings for each option they sell over here :)

Mine had 18's from the factory BTW!!

I doubt it. It would ship with 17" and when it comes into dock in the UK Lexus GB perform the upgrade. Lexus GB use the same suppliers as TTE.

This is normally the reason why the 18" wheels on the IS and GS don't corrode like the standard ones because they are of better quality. For example the series II GS Sport uses OZ wheels made in Italy.

last time i was looking at 18 inch rims i was told by shop that they will rub on the back if the car has a full back seat is this TRUE ?

18" rims were a factory option on the car, so shouldn't be a problem.

Steve, if you mean styling kit ? it something lexusGB did, all came over with 17inch wheels.

Lexus GB, did the styling kit, using TTE front bumper and TTE rear bumper lip, then the 18inch styling kit alloys.

I got mine new from Lexus Stockport, and when i took the TTE bumper off to fit the s/c, on the inside was the date it was fitted and fitted by Dave, Turns out Dave was from Southport :lol:

OK what i meant was mine was picked up from the dealer when it was brand new and it had 18" wheels on it.

Yer i know what you mean Phil, when i got mine the salesan told me thay came from Japan like this and would have to wait x time to collect it, what he should of said was, we need to paint parts, fit them and change the wheels, then you can collect you new car sir :D