Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows Open On Returning To Car

Hi all,

My first post so be gentle.

I went to use my car last night about 6pm, IS250SE-L 06, it's parked behind the property in a communal resident car park. As I approached the drivers side I noticed the drivers window open by about 1". I thought I must've left it open but then when I got in I noticed the passenger side was at exactly the same place.

Has anyone experienced this? If it's not a fault my worry is that someone has tried to break in but I could see no sign of force against the rubber seals and there's not much they could do without the fob is there?

:question:

If it's anything like mine try holding the unlock button as you're walking away from the car and you may find that it starts opening the windows? Likewise try holding the lock button down and it should close them again.

I did the same thing recently on the Beemer - had put the key in my back pocket and something had caught the button so it started winding the windows down as I'd been walking away!

If it's anything like mine try holding the unlock button as you're walking away from the car and you may find that it starts opening the windows? Likewise try holding the lock button down and it should close them again.

I'll have a look at this tonight, it's possible that I knocked the button. To be honest I've never used the remote lock/unlock, always touched the handle to open and pushed the button to lock before walking away.

Yes, you've leant on the open button on your key fob. I did exactly the same thing about three times last year (once when it was tipping it down with rain...) and got the dealer to deprogram it at the last service.

Yes, you've leant on the open button on your key fob. I did exactly the same thing about three times last year (once when it was tipping it down with rain...) and got the dealer to deprogram it at the last service.

That makes me feel a lot better, it's due for a service in the next couple of weeks I might mention it then.

:offtopic: Speaking of which, has anyone managed to negotiate on the cost of a service? Mine was done last January but it's only just done over 2000 miles since the last one.

Yep. Done it myself. It only takes something to keep that button pressed.

I was adamant that I hadn't leant on the keys in any way at all. Then looked at my security cameras and it was round about the time I was moving some furniture around to decorate.

That makes me feel a lot better, it's due

:offtopic: Speaking of which, has anyone managed to negotiate on the cost of a service? Mine was done last January but it's only just done over 2000 miles since the last one.

When my 30k service was due last June or July I got quotes from 4 dealers within a reasonable distance, (Leicester, Hull, Nottingham and Derby). If I remember correctly there was a £50-75 diff between them. I rang Hull & they matched the 2nd lowest quote, saving something like £35-50 off the highest. In these times you might be able to get an even better deal somewhere ;) .

yep i also have done it, soaked the car through inside as it was raining and it was left all night with all the windows down,

even now i sometimes still do it as its easy to catch the button when you walk away

I had no idea this was an issue, why doesn't an alarm sound if it's locked with the windows open? Wouldn't all 4 windows open, not just the front two?

all 4 do open i believe, but the the front go down about 2" before the back ones start to open, so if yours are only 1" open the backs wont have started,

first time it happened i took it into the dealers and had a go only to go red faced when they showed me that it was a feature of the car, its for summer use so you can drop all the windows as you walk to the car too cool it down.

first time it happened i took it into the dealers and had a go only to go red faced when they showed me that it was a feature of the car, its for summer use so you can drop all the windows as you walk to the car too cool it down.

That kind of made me laugh, nothing like learning from others. You've all been a great help and have helped me get over the thought someone was trying to steal my car.

What did they do. I thought a cure would be increasing the time delay to say 5 seconds on the "window open". If the button is pressed accidentally, it would be nice if the windows and door lock were activated if you didn't get into the car in 30 seconds.

Hi all

had the same problem with mine 4 months ago - took it to my local dealer ( lexus chester) who knew of the problem straight away and fitted an updated control box which is located in the drivers door I believe - they assured me Lexus new of the issue and also promised this would sort it - and so far they have been right !!! no recurrence - still worry every time I leave the car though !!!!

Paul